Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    As far as troll-threads go, this one ranks pretty high in my list
    You haven't seen anything yet, thatguy is toned down in his irrational Linux hatred here compared to the crap he throws out over at Haiku-os.org, like for instance -"Linux is reaching EOL.In fact the linux market share has been shrinking. Not growing. It peaked about 24 months ago and has been in a decline since."

Yes, seriously...

He is a troll pure and simple, and he hates Linux, and he will make up lies and try to present them as facts. And it's just sad that he runs around presenting himself as a Haiku fan when he really is nothing but a Linux hater, and is trying to use Haiku to fuel that hate. And now I have to suffer him here at Phoronix aswell as on Haiku-os.org... *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      Then why are you bothering with Haiku?

So why are you attacking the Haiku devs for creating a Package Manager for Haiku? They are obviously doing this because THEY want it for THEIR opensource desktop system which THEY think is the best opensource desktop system around. You are nothing but a sad hypocrite with some crazy fear of Linux.
      One of us is definitively lost, I'm pretty sure Thatguy was DEFENDING Haiku and attacking Linux, not attacking both.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
        One of us is definitively lost, I'm pretty sure Thatguy was DEFENDING Haiku and attacking Linux, not attacking both.
        Yes, definitively I was lost, I read "bothering Haiku", where it says "bothering WITH haiku" :P

Comment

• Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
          You are confused.

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
          I'm not defending haiku, I am attacking linux.
          I'd say around 5/10, he elicited some responses but doesn't really have what it takes.

Comment

• watch and learn why some of us like haiku so much.

thats a opengl software render from mesa.No hardware acceleration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6305079/P2210406.AVI

watch and learn why some of us like haiku so much.

thats a opengl software render from mesa.No hardware acceleration.
              Sorry, but i don't find that impressive at all. I can run over a hundred low-res videos like that all at the same time without any drop in framerate. On linux and windows. And the 3d bit is just using mesa.

Maybe Haiku is better at multi-tasking, but a video like that proves nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
                Linux has nothing I want or need. I already have a nice library of commercial software that actually works and allows me to collaborate with others.

Its called windows and it does everything I need it to.

I think the envy is comming from a different direction.
                I knew you are a cheap windows troll with some piracy background. cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                  I knew you are a cheap windows troll with some piracy background. cheers.
                  Piracy ?? your fucking hilarious. I pay thousands a year for software lisecnes.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    Sorry, but i don't find that impressive at all. I can run over a hundred low-res videos like that all at the same time without any drop in framerate. On linux and windows. And the 3d bit is just using mesa.

Maybe Haiku is better at multi-tasking, but a video like that proves nothing.
                    dude your silly. Try it and get back to me. None of those videos are low res 720 or better

what the video proves is that this is a DESKTOP OS. I doubt you could get windows/linux to do that, I have tried.

Mind you there is ZERO hardware acceleration.

There is no maybe about it. Haiku is FAR better at multitasking.which is what the majority of DESKTOP users want/need/expect

Comment

• Yawn! Wake me up when Haiku gets adobe flash support (probably never)

Comment

Working...
                      X