OpenGL 3.0 in Gallium3d drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 3.0 in Gallium3d drivers

Is there any news on OpenGL 3.0 coming to Gallium3d drivers? I think I remember hearing a while back that it was being held up because of patent issues. Is this still the case?

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post
    Is there any news on OpenGL 3.0 coming to Gallium3d drivers? I think I remember hearing a while back that it was being held up because of patent issues. Is this still the case?
    The OpenGL changes are implemented in mesa stack not gallium3d drivers. The drivers only target the mesa OpenGL implementation. As far as I know almost all of the work except shading language differences (1.30 changes) are implemented. The shading language diffs are the hardest part and you may expect a great deal of delay before its implemented. The patent issues are about floating point rendering enhancements. I've no idea if there's good news about that issue. You can have a look at the recent progress here:

Comment

AFAIK, this file is still the most up-to-date summary of where we are.

Comment

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I look forward for the drivers to have full (or full except for patented stuff) OpenGL support so more focus can be placed on performance optimizations. I'm sure this'll take years since it's a moving target. I'm sure if that if drivers need to be reworked to support native Wayland (without X), it may take even longer.

Comment

Working...
        X