Gallium3D / LLVMpipe With LLVM 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starcraft or Starcraft 2?

The former should work everywhere. The latter works e.g. with the R300 Gallium3D driver (r300g) to some extent. No idea about the other drivers. We got 2 bug reports against r300g running Starcraft 2 and we have fixed both.

Comment

to have smooth SC 1 i need to use FGLRX + change from GDI to OPENGL in wine setting, both works slow on opendrivers:<

SC 2 doesent even work, on both drivers

i have radeon 4850 [r700]

i really want to get rid of close source drivers :<

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
        Mesa must be compiled with the parameter --enable-gallium-llvm to get the LLVM-compiled vertex shaders in Gallium.

llvmpipe is definitely slower (about 10 times) unless you do a lot of data moves between RAM and VRAM.
        I checkout mesa repository, and configure/compile it:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
        cd mesa
        ./autogen.sh
        ./configure --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers= --enable-gallium-llvm --disable-gallium-nouveau --disable-gallium-i915 --disable-gallium-i965 --enable-gallium-radeon --enable-gallium-r600 --disable-gallium-svga --with-state-trackers=glx,dri
        make -j 2

then I copied various libs from the ./mesa/lib/gallium overwriting the system lib. Restart the computer and run xbmc again. Only a very marginal improvement, 16-18fps over r300g 5 months ago. Maybe, r300g llvm usage for vertex shader is not included in the main mesa tree?

Comment

Originally posted by ntt2010 View Post
          I checkout mesa repository, and configure/compile it:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
          cd mesa
          ./autogen.sh
          ./configure --enable-glx-tls --with-dri-drivers= --enable-gallium-llvm --disable-gallium-nouveau --disable-gallium-i915 --disable-gallium-i965 --enable-gallium-radeon --enable-gallium-r600 --disable-gallium-svga --with-state-trackers=glx,dri
          make -j 2

then I copied various libs from the ./mesa/lib/gallium overwriting the system lib. Restart the computer and run xbmc again. Only a very marginal improvement, 16-18fps over r300g 5 months ago. Maybe, r300g llvm usage for vertex shader is not included in the main mesa tree?
          I meant I got 16-18fps instead of 15fps (5 months ago, before llvm vertex shader was included). I remember with the old fglrx, I used to get 90fps.

Comment

FWIW I don't think you need --enable-gallium-r600. It won't cause any problems, but you'll probably build faster and have fewer chances of picking up the wrong file if you omit it.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X