Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct3D 10/11 Is Now Natively Implemented On Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct3D 10/11 Is Now Natively Implemented On Linux!

Phoronix: Direct3D 10/11 Is Now Natively Implemented On Linux!

It's a pity Luca Barbieri or any Mesa / Gallium3D developers are not at Oktoberfest as they are deserving of more than a few Ma?? of Augustiner. In fact, today a new Gallium3D state tracker was pushed into Mesa and it's perhaps the most interesting state tracker for this open-source graphics driver architecture yet. It's a state tracker that exposes Microsoft's DirectX 10/11 API on Linux! And it's already working and can be hooked into Wine!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Exciting times to come Cheers to our hero of the day Luka!

Comment

o yeah very good news !!!!

Comment

Hi Michael

Would you be interested in setting up a bounty programme allowing us to donate to the developers that implement specific project features

I know I for one would donate to a vdpau state tracker

Comment

screenshots or it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Hi Michael

Would you be interested in setting up a bounty programme allowing us to donate to the developers that implement specific project features

I know I for one would donate to a vdpau state tracker
            I wish I could donate too.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
              screenshots or it didn't happen
              git pull or it didn't happen?

Comment

Bounty programs don't really work.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                  Bounty programs don't really work.
                  They might if it's developers setting targets and then people directing project resources by setting bounties for those targets. It would motivate developers to work on those things that aren't fun but they've scheduled to write when they have too much time too.

Comment

*looks at calendar*

Well it's not April 1st. What's going on here? Michael just how many beers have you had?

On a serious note, how is this possible? ... Physically and legally?

Comment

Working...
                    X