Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct3D 10/11 Is Now Natively Implemented On Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Bounty programs don't really work.
    OK but, there should be way to donate to developer whose work you like.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      They might if it's developers setting targets and then people directing project resources by setting bounties for those targets. It would motivate developers to work on those things that aren't fun but they've scheduled to write when they have too much time too.
      Historically (thinking mostly of GNOME here) bounty programs haven't had much success. It's a problem in two parts, first, it isn't always clear cut who did what, and who deserves the bounty and doesn't. Quite a lot of time development is a collaborative effort and involves building on prior work.

Secondly, there's a psychological issue, people who work for fun, or for a sense of doing the right thing often get less enthusiastic if money is involved, even very small sums. You actually end up with even less volunteers than before.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
        *looks at calendar*

Well it's not April 1st. What's going on here? Michael just how many beers have you had?
        No beers. This is the Git commit:

On a serious note, how is this possible?
        What do you mean? It's just an API. Just like OpenGL.

Physically and legally?
        Physically: by using a keyboard to write code.
        Legally: by writing your own header files for the API instead of copying them from Microsoft's DirectX SDK.

Comment

So does this mean that r600g only needs to implement TGSI instructions to support this?
          Two weeks ago I counted about 150 of them. At that time only around 50 were not _unsupported.

Comment

I have a general question concerning the Gallium infrastructure.

What makes a Gallium driver *capable* of running a general state tracker,
            i.e. OpenCL, OpenVG, Cairo or this DirectX10+ st and other state trackers
            that already exist or will exist in the (near?) future? Is this requirement different
            from the bare G3D OpenGL driver?
            Afaik the r300g driver is considered rather advanced and does shiny things already
            - how close is it to a general Gallium driver? Or is it that such a driver simply cannot
            not exist and would always require more or less new work to support new state trackers?

To be honest I feel completely lost here.

I'd really like to see a roundup about the current situation of state trackers and the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
              Secondly, there's a psychological issue, people who work for fun, or for a sense of doing the right thing often get less enthusiastic if money is involved, even very small sums. You actually end up with even less volunteers than before.
              Yeah but I'm talking about features no one wanted to do in the first place but which everyone agrees are required for full functionality.

Comment

This is great news. Congratulation!
                If wonder if directx 9 applications are able to run on this state_tracker, or do we need a directx 9 state_tracker for that?

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  This is great news. Congratulation!
                  If wonder if directx 9 applications are able to run on this state_tracker, or do we need a directx 9 state_tracker for that?
                  D3D9 is sufficiently different that it would need its own state tracker. I seem to recall someone writing a D3D9 state tracker for fun. He posted on these forums, too.

Comment

Ma? of Augustiner
                    I thouht that the "?" was being replaced by "ss" in the german language?

Comment

So why is it important to implement things that will do nothing useful and potentially convince MS to litigate?

Comment

Working...
                      X