Apple's Enhanced OpenGL Stack Versus Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by susikala View Post
    This site's getting too Macfanboyish for my tastes.
    Yeah, there are so many Mac stories here and no Linux ones anymore - I mean, one article about Mac OS X and another one mentioning Apple (about the X server) and only 28 Linux stories in my RSS feed...

Comment

OpenGL

Originally posted by srg_13 View Post
      Yeah, there are so many Mac stories here and no Linux ones anymore - I mean, one article about Mac OS X and another one mentioning Apple (about the X server) and only 28 Linux stories in my RSS feed...
      28 Linux stories and um 3 mac stories? REALLY? Besides, That X story affects Linux users more than Mac users anyway. Do you even understand the significance of X? I can see why Apple is supporting Cups, they need Unix printing like Linux does, but X.org? That's quite a courtesy. I'm sorry that Apple is doing more to support OpenGL (Non Windows) Gaming than Canonical but that's just the case at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by dacresbu View Post
        28 Linux stories and um 3 mac stories? REALLY? Besides, That X story affects Linux users more than Mac users anyway. Do you even understand the significance of X? I can see why Apple is supporting Cups, they need Unix printing like Linux does, but X.org? That's quite a courtesy. I'm sorry that Apple is doing more to support OpenGL (Non Windows) Gaming than Canonical but that's just the case at this point.

I was joking - susikala is the one saying there is too much Apple news here - I was pointing out that he's being ridiculous. Yell at him, not me...

Comment

Snow Leopard Graphics Update = Source Engine Graphics Update. Pretty much. It's simple business: Valve and Apple make money on Source engine games, but not on Warsow or OpenArena.

Gabe Newell: Yeah, we ported all these nice games to OpenGL and your platform, but your shitty drivers make them run like crap. We've optimized them to hell but they're still slow. Can you help?

Steve Jobs: Alright, I'll get the core graphics team to try and optimize for your engine, if it'll shut up the customer complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
            This site's getting too Macfanboyish for my tastes.

There are enough coverage sites for Windows and Mac, but really not that many sites covering Linux. I think benchmarks around that topic are far more important than promoting such a harmful company as Apple. Do anything but Apple, even Windows if you have to. But don't promote this trash.

Comment

ball's in the other court

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
              Steve Jobs: Alright, I'll get the core graphics team to try and optimize for your engine, if it'll shut up the customer complaints.
              Still nice job of putting the ball in Apple's court. I think this will be good in the en

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                unlimited energy for flying cards exists. Solar-Cells you know?
                Not efficient enough and don't work if it's cloudy. Flying cars pretty much depend on cheap petroleum which will never really be.

Comment

Working...
                X