No announcement yet.

Intel's GLSL2 Branch Is Merged To Mesa Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one stopped them from being in charge. They just don't write that much code as the Intel folks do.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
      I wonder how a company with super crap OpenGL hardware (Intel) is allowed to drive important changes to Mesa? Shouldn't Nvidia/ATI be in charge of such things?
      There are 0 Nvidia devs, 1 ATI dev, and an army of Intel devs working on Mesa. Guess who make the rules.

Comment

What does Intel Benefit from its Army of Open Source OpenGL Devs?

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          There are 0 Nvidia devs, 1 ATI dev, and an army of Intel devs working on Mesa. Guess who make the rules.
          Hey, it's 2 ATI devs, not 1
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
            Bam. This is the 1 Mio $ question. In my opinion, none of the global players contribute just for fun.

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy, that someone of them contributes to the vast scope of GFX.

Comment

Intel doesn't have a closed source video driver. So unlike AMD and Nvidia who each have a big team of developers creating a blob driver that replaces large parts of X, Intel works with X and Mesa devs to adjust X to do what they need.

It avoids reinventing the wheel pretty much.
              And Intel isn't in the workstation graphics market like AMD and Nvidia, so they only need a simple driver, and don't need professional level support.

Comment

The same benefit it gets from it's army of Windows developers: a working driver.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenWizard View Post
                  I tried GLSL2 and it's still buggy. All walls in Warsow are black but the game runs a lot faster now.
                  Looks like this has been fixed, as I can't reproduce this problem on i965.

Comment

Well, I can't seem to be able to compile Mesa-git anymore on my Slackware-current, as the GLSL2 merge has added a hard dependency on talloc, a library distributed within Samba, at least on Slack.
                    The configure script does not seem to be able to find the library, while it is located in standard /use/lib64 path, and the headers are in /use/include. The version is 0.2, so it should not be very old.
                    configure does not give a clue on why it chokes on this one.
                    If anyone has an idea, I'll be gratefull.

Comment

Configure by default uses pkg-config to locate talloc. If your pkg-config regarding talloc is botched, you need to define TALLOC_CFLAGS and TALLOC_LIBS yourself. (note that usually if those aren't defined, pkg-config is used; hence even if you do have the headers and libs, check will fail)

Comment

Working...
                      X