Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Status

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    What is up with the overal status of Gallium3D and the likes?
    -Mesa is already a State Tracker, right? Is it fully converted to Gallium3D compatibility? Or is it lacking compared to standard/classic Mesa?
    -What is up with all the other State Trackers and where do they 'live'? OpenGL lives in Mesa, but where is OpenCL, OpenVG and all the rest?
    -Is the only thing that is lacking in r600 and up the Gallium driver, or is there more to it?
    Hi,

I was wondering that myself as well.

The only other thing I found is a preliminary openCL frontend for Gallium3D, named Clove

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      Marek has been doing amazing work over the last months. If any of the volounteers deserved to get hired/payed, then it would be him.
      Very much agreed!
      Yeah it would be nice if he got hired by Red Hat to work on R600+.

[cynical mode] But can you imagine if ATI hired him? They'd lock him up in the office and not let him commit a single line of code.
      [/cynical mode]

Comment

... and of course let's not forget to cheer for Jerome Glisse, who actually writes r600g

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post
          anything i did wrong ?
          Dunno, the port is likely no operational yet. Note that it only works on r7xx, r6xx is missing the bytecode stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by glisse View Post
            Dunno, the port is likely no operational yet. Note that it only works on r7xx, r6xx is missing the bytecode stuff.
            Will you merge to Mesa master before or after the r6xx bit?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
              Will you merge to Mesa master before or after the r6xx bit?
              Dunno, i think i will merge once i am happy with the instruction packing & scheduling and i don't know if i will add r6xx before,after,while ...

Comment

Originally posted by glisse View Post
                Dunno, i think i will merge once i am happy with the instruction packing & scheduling and i don't know if i will add r6xx before,after,while ...
                Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to keep eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  [cynical mode] But can you imagine if ATI hired him? They'd lock him up in the office and not let him commit a single line of code.
                  [/cynical mode]
                  Sure, just like we did with Alex Deucher
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    There's a good side and a bad side of that though of people ending up directly working for you. Good side is they sign the NDA and get access to full AMD resources in developing the drivers. The bad side is that they sign the NDA so they're bound by it when it comes to what exactly they can push out. The good side is bigger than the bad side though, considering no one seems to be that anxious of reverse-engineering the parts of the chips AMD/ATi doesn't want getting public.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      Well he's the exception to the rule. I haven't seen a commit from Richard in ages, but supposedly he's working on Evergreen support. Which is btw long overdue. And Cooper is also gone, probably working on fglrx now.

I think it would be better if AMD just handed over the docs to Red Hat and payed them to develop the drivers. They have much more experience with open source.

Comment

Working...
                      X