No announcement yet.

Building Mesa On POWER Now Presents A Default Set Of OpenGL & Vulkan Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Mesa On POWER Now Presents A Default Set Of OpenGL & Vulkan Drivers

Phoronix: Building Mesa On POWER Now Presents A Default Set Of OpenGL & Vulkan Drivers

Newly merged patches for Mesa 24.2 slightly enhance the default out-of-the-box build experience for the open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers on POWER/PowerPC platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Only on Phoronix is the least noteworthy news longer than the unimportant changes. Every distribution including this unsuccessful T2 wannabe Linux just specifies the driver they want anyway, ... https://t2sde.org/packages/mesa

Comment

Looking at the changes, I noticed that there's a "TODO: PPC, Sparc" comment that is now just "TODO: Sparc", so I guess these changes can just be treated as ticking off that TODO for PowerPC.

Although now I wonder if there are still SPARC systems out there that has any use for current Mesa, or if there's anything new that uses that ISA.

Comment

Working...
      X