X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

Did you even read the title article, let alone any of it's substance?

This is the first initial preparation for support of fuschia in MESA. How the fuck do you get hardware acceleration on any of those platforms without MESA?
    fuscia has had their own driver infrastructure for a while now, what this is, specifically is them upstreaming some of the stuff they had used for a while, and adding some stuff like gfxstream into mesa, fuscia has been able to independantly use drivers with their magma driver stuff https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/deve...graphics/magma

with them running a generic vulkan driver on their OS, and having a guest using gfxstream for compartmentalization, they have a full mesa testing grounds for initial support
    Last edited by Quackdoc; 14 June 2024, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Developer12
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Im just going to assume you are just trolling at this point, as I have stated multiple times, fuscia OS supports intel, mali, gfxstream for gpu acceleration. if you can't understand that, then im sorry for your past trauma
    Did you even read the title article, let alone any of it's substance?

This is the first initial preparation for support of fuschia in MESA. How the fuck do you get hardware acceleration on any of those platforms without MESA?

Leave a comment:

• AlanTuring69
    replied

What the hell are you talking about with "host" and "guest." you can be on a platform without hardware GPU acceleration without being in a VM.
    jejejejeje ARGUE yes yes YES i LOVE to AGRUING !!! NOT AGREEING !! but if u fink about de the only way 2 agree IS TO disAGREE! you cant sleep disagree without agree of course!!

why argue with these people lol

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied

What the hell are you talking about with "host" and "guest." you can be on a platform without hardware GPU acceleration without being in a VM.
    Im just going to assume you are just trolling at this point, as I have stated multiple times, fuscia OS supports intel, mali, gfxstream for gpu acceleration. if you can't understand that, then im sorry for your past trauma

Leave a comment:

• Developer12
    replied

what the hell does "and as I said fuscia supports some intel gpus, mali gpus, and a few other anyways.​" mean then?​​ also using gfxstream means that as long as the host supports vulkan, the guest does too...

Leave a comment:

• Estranged1906
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    Why a single company develops three separate operating systems (ChromeOS, Android, Fuschia) is beyond my comprehension.
    Well, IBM has: AIX, RHEL, IBM i, z/OS, z/VSE, VSEn​, and z/VM. That's 7 and I probably forgot a few.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied

You're just digging your hole deeper at this point. None of this points in ANY way to the use of hardware acceleration for vulkan.
    what the hell does "and as I said fuscia supports some intel gpus, mali gpus, and a few other anyways.​" mean then?​​ also using gfxstream means that as long as the host supports vulkan, the guest does too...

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Android isn't a classical Linux distro, since it doesn't run a typical Linux userspace. Sure, it's an OS that has some sort of repos (Google Play store) and the kernel happens to be Linux, but you're really twisting the definition of "Linux distro" if you try to make it fit Android.
    how does one interpet "linux distro"? x11/wayland + packages? if so install termux and you have turned android into a linux distro. but that excludes arcan installs from being a linux distro. Running "normal executables oob"? if so swap to a tty and cross compile your packages, you can even bootstrap a normal linux distro, wayland and gui apps all working without a chroot.

I don't see how you can interpet a linux distro that explicitly excludes android. Android is simply locked down with an actual working security policy, if you install root you can get your normal applications like firefox, steam, office etc, working fine.

Leave a comment:

• Developer12
    replied

You need the userland driver, and a kernel driver. you literally have to load the gfxstream ICD which is quite literally installable client driver, and that goes through the virtio-gpu kernel driver. gfxstream can work on radv, not just lavapipe. and as I said fuscia supports some intel gpus, mali gpus, and a few other anyways.​
    You're just digging your hole deeper at this point. None of this points in ANY way to the use of hardware acceleration for vulkan.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
    Define "Linux Distro".

"A Linux distribution[a] (often abbreviated as distro) is an operating system made from a software collection that includes the Linux kernel and often a package management system.​" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution

You should try changing that on Wikipedia if you think it's wrong.
    Android isn't a classical Linux distro, since it doesn't run a typical Linux userspace. Sure, it's an OS that has some sort of repos (Google Play store) and the kernel happens to be Linux, but you're really twisting the definition of "Linux distro" if you try to make it fit Android.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by bhptitotoss View Post
    are you serious right now chromeos and chromeos arent even close to the same thing
    Okay, now I'm sure you're a bot (or using one). Thanks for clearing that up!
    🤖

Leave a comment:

Working...
X