Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Begins Upstreaming Fuchsia OS Support Into Mesa 3D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

    You're just digging your hole deeper at this point. None of this points in ANY way to the use of hardware acceleration for vulkan.
    what the hell does "and as I said fuscia supports some intel gpus, mali gpus, and a few other anyways.​" mean then?​​ also using gfxstream means that as long as the host supports vulkan, the guest does too...

    Originally posted by coder View Post
    Android isn't a classical Linux distro, since it doesn't run a typical Linux userspace. Sure, it's an OS that has some sort of repos (Google Play store) and the kernel happens to be Linux, but you're really twisting the definition of "Linux distro" if you try to make it fit Android.
    how does one interpet "linux distro"? x11/wayland + packages? if so install termux and you have turned android into a linux distro. but that excludes arcan installs from being a linux distro. Running "normal executables oob"? if so swap to a tty and cross compile your packages, you can even bootstrap a normal linux distro, wayland and gui apps all working without a chroot.

    I don't see how you can interpet a linux distro that explicitly excludes android. Android is simply locked down with an actual working security policy, if you install root you can get your normal applications like firefox, steam, office etc, working fine.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      Why a single company develops three separate operating systems (ChromeOS, Android, Fuschia) is beyond my comprehension.
      Well, IBM has: AIX, RHEL, IBM i, z/OS, z/VSE, VSEn​, and z/VM. That's 7 and I probably forgot a few.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

        what the hell does "and as I said fuscia supports some intel gpus, mali gpus, and a few other anyways.​" mean then?​​ also using gfxstream means that as long as the host supports vulkan, the guest does too...
        What the hell are you talking about with "host" and "guest." you can be on a platform without hardware GPU acceleration without being in a VM.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

          What the hell are you talking about with "host" and "guest." you can be on a platform without hardware GPU acceleration without being in a VM.
          Im just going to assume you are just trolling at this point, as I have stated multiple times, fuscia OS supports intel, mali, gfxstream for gpu acceleration. if you can't understand that, then im sorry for your past trauma

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

            What the hell are you talking about with "host" and "guest." you can be on a platform without hardware GPU acceleration without being in a VM.
            jejejejeje ARGUE yes yes YES i LOVE to AGRUING !!! NOT AGREEING !! but if u fink about de the only way 2 agree IS TO disAGREE! you cant sleep disagree without agree of course!!

            why argue with these people lol

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

              Im just going to assume you are just trolling at this point, as I have stated multiple times, fuscia OS supports intel, mali, gfxstream for gpu acceleration. if you can't understand that, then im sorry for your past trauma
              Did you even read the title article, let alone any of it's substance?

              This is the first initial preparation for support of fuschia in MESA. How the fuck do you get hardware acceleration on any of those platforms without MESA?

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

                Did you even read the title article, let alone any of it's substance?

                This is the first initial preparation for support of fuschia in MESA. How the fuck do you get hardware acceleration on any of those platforms without MESA?
                fuscia has had their own driver infrastructure for a while now, what this is, specifically is them upstreaming some of the stuff they had used for a while, and adding some stuff like gfxstream into mesa, fuscia has been able to independantly use drivers with their magma driver stuff https://fuchsia.dev/fuchsia-src/deve...graphics/magma

                with them running a generic vulkan driver on their OS, and having a guest using gfxstream for compartmentalization, they have a full mesa testing grounds for initial support
                Last edited by Quackdoc; 14 June 2024, 07:33 AM.

                Comment

                Working...
                X