Mesa 23.1 RadeonSI Enables Rusticl OpenCL Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    While ROCm was hard to get installed for a very long time, distros and AMD finally managed to get it packaged up. And knowing what a pain point it is to operate Rust alongside LLVM-git, there is zero incentive for me to use RustiCL over ROCm.
    Can ROCm used together with mesa now? Especially is it possible to mix different llvm-versions?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post

Can ROCm used together with mesa now? Especially is it possible to mix different llvm-versions?
      I am on CachyOS which also uses the Arch packages. ROCm is now supported on Arch, CachyOS also provides x86-64-v3 versions of these packages. You also don't need rocm-llvm for just using OpenCL, rocm-opencl-runtime should be enough that pulls in all needed dependancies. As I use llvm-git for Mesa and have these ROCm OpenCL packages installed next to it, I haven't seen a problem yet (but I just used clinfo to test that it works). But I haven't tried with installing rocm-llvm next to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Only seconds to minutes.
        Medium OOM.

See here and append your problems:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/8824
        All those were issues reported on the MR, Karl knows about them and hopefully has something up his sleeve to fix them

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          It's great that its been merged but it's far from perfect yet, running the two more advanced luxmark tests takes hours to compile the kernels (if you have enough memory to do so)

Your mileage may vary
          this might be a really stupid question (and if you start like that it probably is) - but how do you for instance run phoronix-test-suite of the luxmark on my radeon 6600xt ?
          I have enable the environment variable, see opencl 3 in clinfo, however I still this the missing clc file?

fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1032-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppa-Chino View Post

this might be a really stupid question (and if you start like that it probably is) - but how do you for instance run phoronix-test-suite of the luxmark on my radeon 6600xt ?
            I have enable the environment variable, see opencl 3 in clinfo, however I still this the missing clc file?

fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1032-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory

I've never used PTS, but it looks like you're missing libclc

Comment

I've never used PTS, but it looks like you're missing libclc
              libclc-15 is installed which is the recommended version and it is populated but only for "old radeon cards" so I am wondering if this is a linkage that is left because I do not think I have disabled clover ?

Comment

libclc-15 is installed which is the recommended version and it is populated but only for "old radeon cards" so I am wondering if this is a linkage that is left because I do not think I have disabled clover ?
                Well are the files it saying are missing on your drive?

Comment

Well are the files it saying are missing on your drive?
                  apologies I think I have been leading us a bit down the garden path, I am not even sure if those files exist (anywhere?) as I do not believe Clover works at all - is there a way to remove clover from mesa ?

Comment

This error is a Clover error, so you can totally ignore it, it has nothing to do with RustiCL.

Now for enabling RustiCL you would have to manage to get PTS reading `RUSTICL_ENABLE=radeonsi` environment variable.

Comment

is there a way to remove clover from mesa ?
                      If you don't find a way to uninstall Clover, you can disable it by removing the .icd file in /etc/OpenCL/vendors that contains the `libMesaOpenCL.so.1` line (probably named `/etc/OpenCL/vendors/mesa.icd`).

Comment

Working...
                      X