Mesa 23.0-rc1 Released For Testing With Many Intel & AMD Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 23.0-rc1 Released For Testing With Many Intel & AMD Improvements

Phoronix: Mesa 23.0-rc1 Released For Testing With Many Intel & AMD Improvements

Following Thursday's Mesa 23.0 feature freeze / branching, Friday brought the first weekly release candidate of this new Mesa 23.0 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If somehow Mesa handles the XTX/XT's idle power draw better than AMD themselves, it's going to be a blasted pimple on AMD's face...
    This launch has for now been one of the most messy I've seen in a long time.

Comment

I hope this year will be the year of raytracing for radv.
      getting hopefully more games working with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahboi View Post
        If somehow Mesa handles the XTX/XT's idle power draw better than AMD themselves, it's going to be a blasted pimple on AMD's face...
        This launch has for now been one of the most messy I've seen in a long time.
        isn't that part of the kernel and not mesa?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/20664 or https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/20665 is merged before 23.0.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

isn't that part of the kernel and not mesa?
            Good question, I'm not sure.
            As I understand it, AMDGPU/Kernel code handles a basic usage while mesa handles all the advanced graphics usage. Is multi-monitor considered advanced or not? I have no idea.

Comment

Still no HDMI2.1 support. lol

Comment

Working...
              X