No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.3.2 Closes Out The Year With RADV RT Fixes, Raspberry Pi V3DV Fixes Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 22.3.2 Closes Out The Year With RADV RT Fixes, Raspberry Pi V3DV Fixes Too

Phoronix: Mesa 22.3.2 Closes Out The Year With RADV RT Fixes, Raspberry Pi V3DV Fixes Too

For those Linux gamers and enthusiasts using the current Mesa 22.3 series, Mesa 22.3.2 was released this New Year's Eve for delivering the latest batch of open-source OpenGL and Vulkan driver fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What happened with Zink and Mike though ?
    Dev suddenly stopped in October and it went from very active to pure zero commits for months.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
      What happened with Zink and Mike though ?
      Dev suddenly stopped in October and it went from very active to pure zero commits for months.
      He's on vacation: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/7576

Comment

Originally posted by Barley9432 View Post
        If the absence is felt, it means the person has done something major to grant the feeling.
        Either way, with new energy in the persons hands and we the users will benefit from the developments ahead.

Comment

Just tried out Mesa 22.3.2 on my Raspberry Pi 4. It sucks. Very flickery when windows overlap or moving over each other. Using Wayfire 0.7.5, Raspberry Pi Linux Kernel 5.15.61_p20220830 on Gentoo in 64-bit mode. "vcgencmd version" says I'm using firmware dated Oct 26, 2022 11:09:05 version c72ad6b26ff40c91ef776b847436094ee63fabee.

For me, the best version of Mesa for Raspberry Pi 4 was Mesa 21.1.8-r1. Which is ancient, but sadly it's the best we've had. Going back to it now.

Comment

Working...
          X