Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Open-Source 3D Drivers Experienced Record Growth In 2022

Phoronix: Mesa Open-Source 3D Drivers Experienced Record Growth In 2022

Valve developers investing heavily into the open-source 3D graphics driver stack, AMD continuing their big contributions to Mesa, the Apple AGX Gallium3D driver taking shape, Microsoft continuing to leverage Mesa for various purposes on Windows, Zink maturing for OpenGL atop Vulkan, and other efforts all culminated with the most ever code growth to Mesa in a single year as well as nearly the most ever commits to this 3D graphics driver project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The two first charts look hideous with dark theme :')

Great to see Mesa getting even more attention and features!

Comment

The most prolific Mesa developers of all time remain Brain Paul
      Probably true but I think he spells it "Brian"
      Test signature

Comment

Has anyone else problems to see the graphs with the new design with Safari?

Comment

Originally posted by vohcjdwd

You need to seriously reconsider your life choices if you're using Safari.
          When I wrote this, I was 100% sure, that somebody will come up with such a stupid, infantile posting. - I've never asked for your opinion! Now get a life and mind your own business!

Comment

It would be interesting to see this tool run on the OpenZFS repository.

Comment

for all those who work on mesa, thank you for your hard work and dedication. just looking at the latest phoronix benchmarks of amd on linux vs windows, seeing a 6800xt with mesa have a 6.5% overall gap with the windows proprietary driver really shows how amazing work you guys have done.

Comment

You need to seriously reconsider your life choices if you're using Safari.
                made my day

Comment

Bullying needs to come back into style. Maybe then the world wouldn't be so full of short-sighted idiots who empower toxic companies like Apple.
                  I think you're lost. r/linuxmasterrace is on reddit, not phoronix. Circle-jerking on this forum won't get you anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X