Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Lands DMA-BUF Feedback Support For Vulkan On Wayland

Phoronix: Mesa Lands DMA-BUF Feedback Support For Vulkan On Wayland

After being worked on the past year, Mesa 22.3 has landed support for Wayland's DMA-BUF Feedback extension for use by the Mesa Vulkan drivers with the Vulkan windowing system integration (WSI) code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure I understand this very well, but I hope to see it supported on KDE as well!
    And I'm glad to see that Mesa 22.3 is so feature-packed and the next Debian release will have a very good base.
    If it comes also with Linux 6.1 or 6.2, that will be an awesome release!

Comment

The GNOME 42 compositor added DMA-BUF feedback support, Swap / wlroots supports it, and so have other compositors.​
      It should be sway.

I don't want to do this, but come on. Typo something else...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        I'm not sure I understand this very well, but I hope to see it supported on KDE as well!
        https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-..._requests/1706 Seems like KDE did implement something with DMABUG Feedback 10month ago.
        The new thing here is i guess that it is not EGL only but Vulkan support now too.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          It should be sway.

I don't want to do this, but come on. Typo something else...
          Yeah I kind of agree. Too little sleep every day and too many worries increase typo rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Toggleton View Post
            https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-..._requests/1706 Seems like KDE did implement something with DMABUG Feedback 10month ago.
            The new thing here is i guess that it is not EGL only but Vulkan support now too.
            That's great!
            I can barely wait for the new Mesa release.

Comment

A further improvement into wayland-vulkan combination. The real transition towards a new graphical management able to overwhelm x11-opengl stack.
              Last edited by MorrisS.; 22 October 2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X