Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 22.2.1 Released With Dozens Of OpenGL/Vulkan Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 22.2.1 Released With Dozens Of OpenGL/Vulkan Driver Fixes

For those that have been holding off on upgrading to the Mesa 22.2 open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers until the first point release arrives with any early fixes and fallout corrections, that v22.2.1 release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For those that have been holding off on upgrading to the Mesa 22.2​
    Michael says that like we all compile Mesa

Mesa stable users tend to wait often until the xx.y.1
    I try to do that for all software. As far as I'm concerned, .0 is the last RC release.

Heh. I just noticed something: RC release. That's similar to an ATM machine.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Me do. On Arch and using TKG's scripts it is simpler than adding PPA on Ubuntu

Comment

I mean progress will always be unstable until time sinks in for hindsight (and more real-time usage), because developers are humans and humans cannot foresee every problem, every combination (for hardware setup) and every permutation (for every software setup). Too many variables, not saying nothing is ever going to be stable, just saying that as newer "stable":er version comes out is because of time (and hindsight).

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post

Me do. On Arch and using TKG's scripts it is simpler than adding PPA on Ubuntu
          I did that too until very recently, but I used stable releases and was only doing it for march and that 1337 feeling. There are a lot of great and crazy things you can do with the scripts in the TKG repos. I highly recommend them because of that.

Week before last some damn nerve struck during a pacman -Syu on a three week old Arch install where out of nowhere I backed up some data from that $HOME and installed OpenSUSE MicroOS. Realizing that its installer is a bit lacking and that I was adding the wrong crap to the host in the wrong places I read a little bit more into it, learned about Combustion and how it's just Bash, and am using this one as the basis for my own script to update the minimal container install with the things I need in better places like Zsh, ZFS, and Distrobox (I'm still deciding between /var/opt and /var/git for git repos used for system-wide things like Nerd Fonts and Oh-My-Zsh) as well as adding in some users and setting some things up for them, but a tragedy occurred on Saturday and I'm just getting in the frame of mind to be able to finish it up.

Comment

I've just started to compile mesa due to the hevc patent issue in fedoras build. mesa really has a great build system now. meson/ninja is such a step up from the autoconf tooling..

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
              On Arch and using TKG's scripts it is simpler than adding PPA on Ubuntu
              I'm not sure how you can get much simpler than copy/pasting a command. You gotta love Arch Linux users...

Comment

Well, you can put it on hold in your package manager too, though I have my doubts that users "tend" to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Well, you can put it on hold in your package manager too, though I have my doubts that users "tend" to do that.
                  I'd hope that most people don't have to do that anymore. Forgetting why I pinned what was a source of issues way back when.

Comment

well the
                    Code:
                    lib32-mesa-22.2.1-1  lib32-vulkan-radeon-22.2.1-1  libva-mesa-driver-22.2.1-1  mesa-22.2.1-1  mesa-vdpau-22.2.1-1  vulkan-radeon-22.2.1-1
                    versions break Age Of Empires 4 for me, which is sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X