X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by sinepgib View Post
    Which is true of pretty much all major players in open source, and yet not all receive the same amount of hate.​
    What a surprise. Get the facts (TM).

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I don't understand what MS is getting out of this. It's a nice patch but I can't help but wonder why they're doing it.
    Because it benefits their WSL-g support (graphics inside WSL) which they've been steadily working towards for more than a year now?

Leave a comment:

• sinepgib
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I don't understand what MS is getting out of this. It's a nice patch but I can't help but wonder why they're doing it.
    Maybe they intend to support video playback in WSL2 and they want their users to have an acceptable experience.

Originally posted by Volta View Post
    It puts you naive M$ believers in 'we're stupid camp'. This is nothing in comparison to MS benefits from Open Source.
    Which is true of pretty much all major players in open source, and yet not all receive the same amount of hate.​

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Termy
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Michael please remove this article, it puts us, Microsoft haters, in an awkward position.
    Why and where should it do that?

Originally posted by user1 View Post
    Probably the first MS Mesa contribution I've seen, that benefits everyone, not just them.
    Well, for not it only benefits them. I guess they only had to make it potentially compatible with other drivers to have a chance of getting it mainlined...

Leave a comment:

• Devorlon
    replied
    From the gitlab:

"Good implementation, we will also enable this on radeon drivers as well." - Ruijing Dong

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Thank you Microsoft! ❤️

Leave a comment:

• nist
    replied
    Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
    I begin to consider the possibility that Microsoft own Linux.
    Microsoft really own Ubuntu (Canonical).

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Michael please remove this article, it puts us, Microsoft haters, in an awkward position.
    It puts you naive M$ believers in 'we're stupid camp'. This is nothing in comparison to MS benefits from Open Source.

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Probably the first MS Mesa contribution I've seen, that benefits everyone, not just them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X