Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's Lima Gallium3D Driver Lands 4x MSAA Support

Phoronix: Mesa's Lima Gallium3D Driver Lands 4x MSAA Support

A decade after Luc Verhaegen started the Lima driver effort for reverse-engineering Arm Mali graphics, developers continue occasionally working on improvements to this Gallium3D driver for older generations of Mali hardware. The most recent feature work is finally enabling 4x MSAA support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can only find two commits in Mesa from Luc

Code:
    commit 4b598ce226fcefbefb0243c418cc759c0fb91d79
    Author: Luc Verhaegen <[email protected]>
    Date:   Fri Mar 12 08:35:22 2010 +0100

dri/r700: include shader/programopt.h instead of programopt.c.

Signed-off-by: Brian Paul <[email protected]>

Code:
    commit 4a69c4173d6bf120b5abbcb38072fa053918d393
    Date:   Thu May 29 11:00:06 2008 -0600

Fix segfault on exit in unichrome driver (bug 16150)
    I think it's a bit unfair on the actual developers of Lima for him to be even mentioned at this point

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Code:
      commit 4b598ce226fcefbefb0243c418cc759c0fb91d79
      Date: Fri Mar 12 08:35:22 2010 +0100

dri/r700: include shader/programopt.h instead of programopt.c.

Signed-off-by: Brian Paul <[email protected]>

Code:
      commit 4a69c4173d6bf120b5abbcb38072fa053918d393
      Date: Thu May 29 11:00:06 2008 -0600

Fix segfault on exit in unichrome driver (bug 16150)
      I think it's a bit unfair on the actual developers of Lima for him to be even mentioned at this point
      Did you read the pull request?

RSW bits were already REd by Luc, the only remaining part was storing non-resolved buffers, reloading them (including for depth/stencil) and doing MSAA resolve.
      I get where you're coming from, but this is literally building on Luc's work.

Comment

Hah. I actually had to go and tell Qiang Yu to restore my copyright on most files. He did so on some, he obfuscated my code on others.

All of the arm projects are based on my work and my actions. In case of broadcom and powervr it was due to my advocacy and statements, and my actions on the other fronts. The others are still using the methods and some code that i wrote when i only had android 2.3 and bionic at my disposal. None of them would have existed without me, or would have been many many years later.

I lost my job due to this work, and got told that "ARM was notified already, so that they might resume working with us" during the phonecall informing me that i was being let go. I then spent the next 2 years unemployed, and even had the pleasure of applying for "Harz IV". I have been blackballed at a whole swathe of companies since. I even had two solid paths into samsung, a year and a half apart, go silent because (as i was told later) Samsung was scared of the potential political repercussions.

There is also a pretty obvious temporal correlation between Jem Davies moving away from ARM MPD and collabora "stepping up".

No-one has done more on his own, and lost more, and that's not even counting modesetting or freeing ATI. So f off, and come back when you yourself have actually fundamentally changed something in the world, and paid the price for it.
        Last edited by libv; 28 June 2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Well, MSAA support is partially based on Luc's reverse-engineering work (but not on his code, limare has literally nothing for proper MSAA support, it just enables MSAA along with in-place resolve, that's very far from proper MSAA support), so I think it's fair to mention him.
          Last edited by anarsoul; 28 June 2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X