Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etnaviv Open-Source Driver Adds GC7000 r6204 GPU Support For The NXP i.MX 8M Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etnaviv Open-Source Driver Adds GC7000 r6204 GPU Support For The NXP i.MX 8M Plus

Phoronix: Etnaviv Open-Source Driver Adds GC7000 r6204 GPU Support For The NXP i.MX 8M Plus

One of Mesa's smaller drivers that continues advancing but not receiving as much attention as the big names is Etnaviv for providing open-source, reverse-engineered graphics support for Vivante graphics IP used across different SoCs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is good news for NXP, and maybe for STMicroelectronics STM32MP1 line, since it also uses a Vivante graphics..

Comment

...sulP 5 merbiL a eb thgim ereht snaem siht rehtehw rednow I

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        ...sulP 5 merbiL a eb thgim ereht snaem siht rehtehw rednow I
        ?eno tnerruc eht naht erom neve tsoc wohemos lliw ti naem taht seod ,sulP a dliub yeht fI

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

?eno tnerruc eht naht erom neve tsoc wohemos lliw ti naem taht seod ,sulP a dliub yeht fI
          Probably, but sadly I guess it's their only option as they can have the cellular module somewhere else...

Comment

Actually I was thinking about the librem5 too.
            Librem say a 'Vivante GC7000Lite', however the graphics in detail is not revealed..

Anyway, there are a long way to go..

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              If they build a Plus, does that mean it will somehow cost even more than the current one?
              well that is indeed one of the problems of the Librem phone, its price, the other one is the support..
              In that regard, pinephone pro seems to be a better bet.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                In that regard, pinephone pro seems to be a better bet.
                Volla Phone looks interesting too. I dont know why it doesnt get more coverage...

But the Librem 5 has a lot of cost due to building a whole software ecosystem. It may be too pricey for me, but I appreciate what they have done and funded.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
                  But the Librem 5 has a lot of cost due to building a whole software ecosystem. It may be too pricey for me, but I appreciate what they have done and funded.
                  The thing is Software in Pinephone is done as a best effort community based, while in Librem people are paid to do it.
                  But its a long way to go, any of those projects..

Comment

Working...
                  X