VMware Lands SVGAv3 In Mesa 22.2 For Their Virtual Graphics Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Lands SVGAv3 In Mesa 22.2 For Their Virtual Graphics Device

Phoronix: VMware Lands SVGAv3 In Mesa 22.2 For Their Virtual Graphics Device

VMware has merged support for SVGAv3 into Mesa 22.2. SVGAv3 is the latest update to their virtual graphics device for allowing 3D guest virtual machine acceleration with VMware's virtualization products...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd like to know how good is the GPU performance running d3d9 games under a Windows OS as guest.

Comment

I am confused from "Virgl continues to be worked on by the community and is becoming in increasingly great shape". I thought, that just yeasterday there was article about non working 3D in virt-manager. Isn't virgl used there?

Comment

AFAIK, VMware Player doesn't allow guest 3d acceleration out of the box, so try this:

Edit the file ~/.vmware/preferences and look for a line that starts with mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers, if it is not present - you can add it into the file.

This should be changed to mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" (note the double quotes around TRUE)

Comment

From the article it seems there are no new graphical capabilities / supported features in v3, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
            I am confused from "Virgl continues to be worked on by the community and is becoming in increasingly great shape". I thought, that just yeasterday there was article about non working 3D in virt-manager. Isn't virgl used there?
            to me it feels like ubuntu shenanigans, i've tried a great variety of distros and setups with virgl and haven;t experienced the same issues they have.

Comment

Working...
            X