Mesa's New OpenCL Stack "Rusticl" Nearing Formal Support For OpenCL 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's New OpenCL Stack "Rusticl" Nearing Formal Support For OpenCL 3.0

Phoronix: Mesa's New OpenCL Stack "Rusticl" Nearing Formal Support For OpenCL 3.0

Mesa's Rusticl is a yet-to-be-merged OpenCL implementation for Mesa Gallium3D drivers written in the Rust programming language. The latest code now can pass the Khronos OpenCL 3.0 Conformance Test Suite!..

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...3.0-CTS-Passes

Hype!

Comment

I hope this pans out into not having to mess with the upstream AMD stuff. That can be extra super duper fun when you don't run Hat or Ubuntu.

Also, I can't help but think that Rusticl sounds like a condition developed by men with balls of steel. Welp y'all, I've come down with a case of the rusticles. Doc says I'll need a polishing and a tetanus shot. Scheduled me an outpatient surgery tomorrow.

Comment

Either that was super fast or OpenCL 3 really means "almost nothing is mandatory". The fact that Image support has been implemented is awesome...
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I really, really hope this goes well

Comment

Wake me up when "Image support" arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              Wake me up when "Image support" arrives.
              Read the article.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Read the article.
                headlines are much to entertaining for that

Comment

After years of neglect in Mesa's OpenCL efforts, I am more than cautious about RustiCL's impact. Let's wait and see how it performs and how well its compatibility with popular OpenCL software is.

Comment

While I appreciate Micheal needs for headlines that generate clicks the bottom line is if you need compute with Image support your only two options are CUDA or buy a M1. That comes from some one that despises both NVidia and Apple. OpenCL on Linux with image support will never be a thing. There have been to many scams about it being ready or just around the corner for any one to ever take it seriously again.

Comment

Working...
                    X