No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.1-rc1 AMD Radeon Linux Gaming Performance vs. NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been more interesting if the nvidia cards was using mesa stack as the title implies

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post
      Off topic: If anyone needs a "cheap" gpu that can manage only with the power from the pci express port, then the Radeon rx 6400 is a great card. Got one for 140euro.
      Card has 4GB VRAM you might as well do software rendering

Comment

Thanks, I've been thinking of buying a new GPU and this is helpful

Comment

Comparing the fastest and slowest of the current generation with the nearest competitors from the other company, using the geometric mean in the last graph and the cheapest local prices for currently stocked GPUs (so no doubt things are different elsewhere):
          • RX 6800 XT has 99% of the performance for 50% of the price of RTX 3090, or 112% of the performance for 108% of the price of RTX 3080
          • RX 6600 XT has 90% of the performance for 72% of the price of RTX 3060 Ti, or 120% of the performance for 94% of the price of RTX 3060

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
            Comparing the fastest and slowest of the current generation with the nearest competitors from the other company, using the geometric mean in the last graph and the cheapest local prices for currently stocked GPUs (so no doubt things are different elsewhere):
            • RX 6800 XT has 99% of the performance for 50% of the price of RTX 3090, or 112% of the performance for 108% of the price of RTX 3080
            • RX 6600 XT has 90% of the performance for 72% of the price of RTX 3060 Ti, or 120% of the performance for 94% of the price of RTX 3060
            Only no brainer will buy nvidia. It's not only more expensive, but doesn't have proper Linux drivers (closed source mess instead) and it's lagging behind in Wayland support.

Comment

I would expect the RX6900, missing in the benchmarks, to actually be the top Linux card.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                I would expect the RX6900, missing in the benchmarks, to actually be the top Linux card.
                Unfortunately AMD never sent me the RX 6900 series.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

But thanks for benchmarking older AMD cards, inlcuding Vega.
                  It looks it's best time to sell Radeon VII, while they are still much more pricey than 6xxxx.

Comment

Holy crap! Mesa has become the superior choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hopefully Phoronix is sent an RX 6950XT.

Comment

Working...
                      X