No announcement yet.

Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Making Progress On Windows, X-Plane Looking To Use It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MR was just merged: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/16068

Also, from the man himself:

Mike Blumenkrantz ๐Ÿ‹ zmike ยท 8 hours ago Developer
    Yes, this will be in 22.1.

So it looks like we can expect this in the stable release of Mesa, despite already being in the RC phase

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
      The MR was just merged: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/16068

Also, from the man himself:

Mike Blumenkrantz ๐Ÿ‹ zmike ยท 8 hours ago Developer
      Yes, this will be in 22.1.

So it looks like we can expect this in the stable release of Mesa, despite already being in the RC phase
      now we just need venus support, and venus in qemu and windows drivers for it to get some nice gpu accel LOL

Comment

In a tangential experience, I had the hardest time getting Trackmania 2020 running on Wine (with AMD open source graphics), but installing DXVK (DirectX-on-Vulkan IIUC...) and using it instead, it works flawlessly (online play included)!

So yeah, Vulkan is fire ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Originally posted by direc85 View Post
          In a tangential experience, I had the hardest time getting Trackmania 2020 running on Wine (with AMD open source graphics), but installing DXVK (DirectX-on-Vulkan IIUC...) and using it instead, it works flawlessly (online play included)!

So yeah, Vulkan is fire ๐Ÿ˜Ž
          I see, a fellow enjoyer of The World's Most Competitive Racing Game

Comment

I think using games as the only metric for opengl usage/popularity doesn't show the whole picture. The graphics programming community in general uses Opengl heavily for research and educational purposes. Also content creation apps like Maya, Houdini etc use OpenGL and can rely on Zink. Also MacOS could do with OpenGL 4.6 which I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Working...
            X