Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware Enabling VMWGFX 3D Support For AArch64

Phoronix: VMware Enabling VMWGFX 3D Support For AArch64

VMware engineers are in the process of enabling 3D acceleration within their VMWGFX driver on AArch64 so those making use of VMware virtualization software on 64-bit Arm will be able to enjoy accelerated 3D guest virtual machines...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now how about OpenGL 4.6, OpenGL 3.2 and RISC-V?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Be happy with your current toys. Stop wanting more for the sake of it.

Do you even own a RISC-V device containing a capable GPU and a collection of RISC-V software requiring OpenGL 4.6?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Be happy with your current toys. Stop wanting more for the sake of it.

Do you even own a RISC-V device containing a capable GPU and a collection of RISC-V software requiring OpenGL 4.6?
        No, I don't.
        I have mixed feelings about RISC-V, on one hand it seems to attractive with an open ISA, I like that, but on the other hand it seems it will just benefit big companies who can cut costs while not ending up benefiting end users. In theory RISC-V sounds cool, but in practice it is expensive and poor performing, getting massively outperformed by a cheap Raspberry Pi.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          RISC-V have virtualization already? last time i check dont

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

RISC-V have virtualization already? last time i check dont
            It was ratified in December, but nobody at RISC-V International cares enough to update Wikipedia.

Comment

Anyone else find it highly amusing that everytime there's a post on VMware, a screenshot of Virtualbox is included?

Comment

qemu has had this for a while now. a shame that there is no good VDI tools for qemu. Linux VDI is something woefully disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                X