Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    OpenGL..

What about Vulkan
    that would be virtio-gpu venus which is somewhat seperate from virgl
    and DirectX?
    Nothing the d3d10umd could in theory be ported to virgl or zink, and then extended to dx11

What about Metal? What about a more general vGPU implementation but efficient?
    again, venus. it already exists. crosvm has it and someone from collabora is working on it for qemu

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    OpenGL..

What about Vulkan and DirectX? What about Metal? What about a more general vGPU implementation but efficient?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Is there any way to use virgl with user session Qemu/kvm VM, or it's only possible with root (non user) session? I tried enabling GPU acceleration from virt-manager in user session, and it doesn't work.

UPDATE:

OK, scrap that. I just tried it and it works! Some stuff must have been fixed big time from the last time I tested it.
    Last edited by shmerl; 20 February 2022, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    BTW the final virgl merge request is here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/13295

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Really wants to get TGSI nuked from mesa. If I recall she was not happy with vmware when they told her to wait for mid year to get their code coverted to NIR,

Leave a comment:

• Mesa's Virgl Preparing To Transition To Using NIR Over TGSI

Phoronix: Mesa's Virgl Preparing To Transition To Using NIR Over TGSI

Mesa's Virgl code as part of the Virgil 3D GPU project allows for OpenGL/3D acceleration within QEMU virtual machines with the driver calls then being passed onto the host GPU. Mesa's Virgl code to this stage has relied upon the Gallium3D TGSI intermediate representation while they are working on moving it to the modern and superior NIR...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X