Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danprice142
    replied
    This would be amazing to use in RetroArch instead of ANGLE for higher OpenGL support on Xbox One/Series Consoles and Dozen when ready will also be a great addition. I have opened a bounty on retroarch’s GitHub if anyone wants to try replacing ANGLE with this

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Yes, I believe so. However, I'm not sure it's really an improvement for most people who have native Intel, AMD, or NVidia drivers. It would be helpful for ARM windows devices, though, which don't allow native GL drivers.
    It is more of a windows SDK issue. If you develop on windows with OpenGL (which I happen to do), you're pretty much limited to OpenGL 1.2. For anything else you need to go through a toolkit (GLEW, GLUT, Qt, GLT, SDL etc). I would certainly welcome if this would trigger microsoft to put support into their own SDK's.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    I repeat myself but calling an OpenGl driver "d3d12" is really stupid and confusing.,.
    Isn't d3d12 the driver that outputs code for the D3D12 API, and the OGL part just a subset of it (using Mesa's OGL)?

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

Do I understand that correctly? This is not only for WSL, this is intended to also work on native windows? This would significantly improve the sad state of OpenGL on windows systems.
    Yes, I believe so. However, I'm not sure it's really an improvement for most people who have native Intel, AMD, or NVidia drivers. It would be helpful for ARM windows devices, though, which don't allow native GL drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

Do I understand that correctly? This is not only for WSL, this is intended to also work on native windows? This would significantly improve the sad state of OpenGL on windows systems.
    if it preforms well, but you can also use zink on windows, I dunno how well it works

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    OpenGL 4.2 is exposed atop this driver that in turn will run atop Windows' Direct3D 12 drivers whether it be for lack of native OpenGL drivers or if running by way of Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Doug
    replied
    yep, seems to be working nicely

tess.jpg

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Everything to make people not leave Windows.
    Disgusting!
    I personally like this move: if I had to use Windows this would make my experience way better.
    The same is true the other way around (wine and similar projects): anything that allows the user to run more software is a win-win.

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    Not surprised with the amount of money MS has they can do anything when they want it

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Everything to make people not leave Windows.
    Disgusting!
    For me is very nice. No more stupid dual boot or VM. Only Windows nad WSLg.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X