Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's "Copper" Is A Step Closer To Being Brazed

Phoronix: Mesa's "Copper" Is A Step Closer To Being Brazed

A draft merge request has been opened for landing "Copper" within Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

always happy to see zink work

Comment

Originally posted by set135
      To be entirely pedantic, those copper pipes are clearly soldered, not brazed
      Stop being so brazen!

Comment

Originally posted by set135
        To be entirely pedantic, those copper pipes are clearly soldered, not brazed
        Yeah unfortunately just soldered joints handy nearby when going to take a picture for this article...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So about 19 years ago I just finished installing a wrought iron walkway gate when the homeowner came out and asked me if I could weld a copper decoration to it.

That's how I learned if you put a wire fed welder, a Lincoln 140, on A, low, you can sort of braze iron to copper by letting your iron and wire pool up and then pushing the puddle so it barely comes in contact with the copper. If you do it just right they'll fuse and you can walk away long enough to get paid. I never got a call back so I assume it stayed. If the arc of the welder gets within 1/4 inch of the copper it melts instantly.

Normally you don't say yes to that request but I was 18 and had only been welding for a few months. I didn't know any better.

It doesn't look like you cleaned you copper before soldering

Comment

Best article title of 2022.

Comment

so this will be Wayland exclusive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                It's meant for running games, not desktop environments.

Comment

Brazing, ayyy, brazing copper, ayyyyy, welding copper omfg pain

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
                    How can it be exclusive? Wayland is just a protocol (tm).

(Yes, yes, I know what you meant and I am sure everyone is painfully aware and thoroughly sick of hearing that phrase! .... but I couldn't resist. Sorry).

However, the answer is probably no. Mesa doesn't really work like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X