Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Lands D3D12 Compute Support In Mesa 22.0

Phoronix: Microsoft Lands D3D12 Compute Support In Mesa 22.0

Following Microsoft working on shader storage buffer object support for their Gallium3D D3D12 back-end within Mesa, they've been working on OpenGL compute and OpenGL ES 3.1 support for this controversial component to allow OpenGL/GLES/OpenCL to work atop Windows' Direct3D 12 drivers such as for Windows Subsystem for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

you can't find a image of a facehugger for the thumbnail image of the article on the googlewebs ?

Comment

Linux will benefit? If not their patches shouldn't be included in mesa.

Comment

What about OpenGL via DX12 on Windows 10 ? Is it still under development?

Comment

It's hard to trust anything Micro$oft does, but to be fair at least they are cooperating with our favorite dev, Mike Blumenkrantz, in his Zink efforts: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/8756

You can find a bunch of other patches with both Jesse and Mike in them, so if nothing else, I guess we'll get a better Zink =)

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Are you aware that Mesa isn't just for Linux to begin with? Because it's just a graphics library. Please find a better reason to hate on Microsoft, e.g. their intention behind that patch, perhaps.

Comment

I guess Wine will benefit from it?

Comment

Originally posted by kescherPh View Post

Are you aware that Mesa isn't just for Linux to begin with? Because it's just a graphics library. Please find a better reason to hate on Microsoft, e.g. their intention behind that patch, perhaps.
                It's mainly for Linux to begin with and most of the mesa code serves Linux. Their intentions are clearly bad, so mesa is becoming m$ sink.
                Last edited by Volta; 11 January 2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

It's mainly for Linux to begin with and most of the mesa code serves Linux. Their intentions are clearly bad, so mesa is becoming m$ sink.
                  Your ignorance of facts amuses me. Mesa has been cross platform since the beginning. Look at the changelog.

Comment

Originally posted by sandain View Post
                    Your ignorance of facts amuses me. Mesa has been cross platform since the beginning. Look at the changelog.
                    Strawman talking about ignorance. Look at the commits and tell me which system is the biggest mesa user? If you didn't get obvious allusion Open Source software shouldn't support its competition. And while mesa is cross platform the only beneficiary from this is m$. This is exactly opposite to being cross platform.
                    Last edited by Volta; 11 January 2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X