Microsoft's Mesa D3D12 Gallium3D Code Adds Support For OpenGL SSBOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

To run applications Windows 10/11 can't run anymore, but Wine still can.
    still don't understand what benefit WSL2 over wine would bring.

Comment

It's just me or it's just ultra stupid to name this OpenGL driver d3d12 ???

Ok, it emits d3d12 calls but it's just like if Zink was named Vulkan....

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
        It's just me or it's just ultra stupid to name this OpenGL driver d3d12 ???

Ok, it emits d3d12 calls but it's just like if Zink was named Vulkan....
        I don't think its much of an issue its not like we will see a d3d12 gallium state tracker anytime remotely close to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I don't think its much of an issue its not like we will see a d3d12 gallium state tracker anytime remotely close to soon.
          I just like coherence.
          And here is a prime example of terribly wrong confusing naming. Mesa is already a mess for names but here it’s going too far in the non-sense!

I like naming stuff based on periodic table like Gallium, Zink, soon Copper. Why not Radium for the Radeon Vulkan by example…

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post

I just like coherence.
            And here is a prime example of terribly wrong confusing naming. Mesa is already a mess for names but here it’s going too far in the non-sense!

I like naming stuff based on periodic table like Gallium, Zink, soon Copper. Why not Radium for the Radeon Vulkan by example…
            The "State Tracker/Driver" is confusing enough as it is. which is why people still think zink is exclusively for OGL, when it can just as nicely run G9. also it doesn't help that all the websites almost never get updated too. just take a look here LOL

Comment

Yep, I think that a minimum effort about naming coherence and communication really needs to be done.
              After they wonder why FOSS is not attractive to mainstream… well see how Blender does and learn. They communicate, do blog post about future plans and news…

Especially Mesa have big budgets and full time staff on the drivers. They can’t blame budget.
              Having a modern and clean website with a modern and up to date doc is the minimum.

Comment

Working...
              X