Zink OpenGL-On-Vulkan Fixes Up Support For Another Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user1 View Post

Interesting, I thought Red Eclipse 2.0 is being developed mainly by one developer (his name is Quinton Reeves) and AFAIK, he's not affiliated with the Tesseract engine.

How does Tesseract itself run on your iGPU compared to Red Eclipse 2.0? The latter feels somewhat more demanding compared to Tesseract even on my RX 580.

It seems Tomatenquark is based on the old Cube 2 engine.
    The Red Eclipse website says is copyright by Quinton Reeves and Lee Salzman. Lee is the guy who wrote Tesseract.

Tesseract runs okay (especially if I disable anti-aliasing), Red Eclipse runs also okay, but Tomatenquark runs much much faster than both, also the Cube 2 engine is older than the Tesseract engine, but I don't know if the Tomatenquark has had its engine beefed up or if its the textures or the maps, but personally I feel Tomatenquark not only runs much faster than Tesseract and Red Eclipse but it also looks better, but that is just my subjective opinion and maybe with other maps and higher performance I would feel otherwise, I don't know.

Tomatenquark is nice, has some nice maps, runs very fast even on integrated graphics, looks pretty, but it could need a couple of more maps. I just found out that Tomantenquark hasn't had any commits since November 2020 and a blog post says the project is discontinued, however after that blog post there is a new blog post about a new upcoming release.
    Last edited by uid313; 31 August 2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Yknow when this is in shape I actually would be curious to see some OpenGL games benched on this + AMD Windows driver.

Comment

Working...
      X