Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zink Mesa 21.3-dev Benchmarks - Increasingly Capable Of Running OpenGL Games Atop Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangeek View Post
    arun54321 , you can run a desktop with the zink driver set for the whole session, including the compositor/WM. It doesn't mean your desktop is running on Vulkan though. All the components are rendering via the OpenGL path, it's just that OpenGL is being translated to Vulkan on the way to the GPU.

I think things are gonna really kick butt on that front once the main toolkits are rendering directly to Vulkan. I've been playing with GSK_RENDERER=vulkan for a bit, but it's not quite working as reliably as GL and NGL backends.
    How can I do that? I understand doing like this will decrease performance but I just want to know whether this works or not

Comment

arun54321 , you set the 'MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE' variable in the script that launches your session, which will be different on different distros. I used that to test the 'iris' driver before it was default. The place to set it varies by distro, and I'm sure there's a better way to set it, but I just edited something in /etc to have 'MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=zink' in front of it.

Comment

Working...
      X