Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium Nine Lands Threaded Context Support, Other Improvements

Phoronix: Gallium Nine Lands Threaded Context Support, Other Improvements

Several improvements were merged on Friday to Mesa's Gallium3D Nine state tracker that allows for an alternative means of Direct3D 9 support within Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

On my crappy cherryview cpu, g9 is more preformant than dxvk by a considerable ammount. and as for running g9 over zink. maybe it will come in use one day. I see it helpful for Vbox which uses it for its dx9 backend now I believe.1

Comment

On my Athlon 5350, g9 get's me equal or better performance than d9 games running on XP So thanks to the Devs!

Comment

This Mike Blumenkrantz guy is amazing! ♥️

Thank you for all your work and your valuable contributions! 🙏️

Comment

this one is useful unlike zink. now proton should support it out of the box

Comment

Sad to see Lutris 0.5.9 removing Gallium Nine support just when Gallium Nine gets more updates that boost its performance.

Lutris desktop client. Contribute to lutris/lutris development by creating an account on GitHub.

"* Removed support for Gallium 9"

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post
              Sad to see Lutris 0.5.9 removing Gallium Nine support just when Gallium Nine gets more updates that boost its performance.

Lutris desktop client. Contribute to lutris/lutris development by creating an account on GitHub.

"* Removed support for Gallium 9"
              Wow, that's stupid. Tells a lot that managing a checkbox option to register DLLs in a prefix is already too much of a maintenance burden for them...

Comment

On the other hand, they still didn't remove the "enable ACO" checkbox, which is basically RADV_PERFTEST=aco and it's obsolete since Mesa 20.2. Yeah, really stupid..

Comment

Interesting, is it working at all after that (with radeonsi)?

Comment

Lutris is written in Python... my take of which is that it is a great prototyping language, but you should really rewrite any serious software into something more robust.

Comment

Working...
                    X