Raspberry Pi's V3DV Vulkan Driver Now Supports Geometry Shaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post
    Will there be a day when i can play 1080p videos on web on pi4?
    Use Vlc.

Comment

Why does the RPI have Vulkan support but the AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series don't?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That is not as convenient as using the browser.

Try this ; )

Open YouTube (And More) Videos From Your Web Browser With mpv-handler [Firefox, Chrome]
        https://www.linuxuprising.com/2021/0...from-your.html

It works with both Firefox and Chromium-based web browsers on Linux and Microsoft Windows, without making use of any background service.

With everything set up, visiting a video on one of the websites mentioned above, a new button is displayed on the video web page (in the bottom left-hand side corner), allowing you to play that video using mpv, a free and open source media player.

Comment

None of those are good solutions. Opening a video in MPV is NOT an adequate solution. what it is, is a work around for an issue that shouldn't really exist. does firefox accelerated decode even work yet on raspi 4? I can't get it to work on a cherryview laptop.

last I checked the only decent way to get working video decode consistently was brave browser LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
            Which is as bad as windows.
            windows on smartphones failed miserably(i.e. it's much worse than android)

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              Why does the RPI have Vulkan support but the AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series don't?
              because rpi is being sold

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                windows on smartphones failed miserably(i.e. it's much worse than android)
                That comes down to app availability.... I just setup wifi calling on a friends windows phone yesterday, if anything they seem to be more stable and bug free than Android phones. Android gets modified by vendors too much and not tested enough.

Obviously the windows phones don't get many updates but this also means they don't get breaking updates either. I suspect MS will reenter the phone market with windows 11 and android app compatability.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post

That comes down to app availability.... I just setup wifi calling on a friends windows phone yesterday, if anything they seem to be more stable and bug free than Android phones. Android gets modified by vendors too much and not tested enough.

Obviously the windows phones don't get many updates but this also means they don't get breaking updates either. I suspect MS will reenter the phone market with windows 11 and android app compatability.
                  I really liked windows phones myself, had a nokia, its was a great use experience for the apps that it did support.

Comment

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post
                    Will there be a day when i can play 1080p videos on web on pi4?
                    doesn't this work: https://www.linuxuprising.com/2021/0...ration-in.html ?

honestly curious, i don't have rpi yet, i'm considering rpi 400.

Comment

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post
                      Nope, still choppy. Their choice of gpu was not particularly good

honestly curious, i don't have rpi yet, i'm considering rpi 400.
                      Don't get it for video viewing. Wait for a newer iteration if possible

Comment

Working...
                      X