No announcement yet.

Mesa 21.1.1 Released With More Open-Source AMD / Intel Graphics Driver Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.1.1 Released With More Open-Source AMD / Intel Graphics Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 21.1.1 Released With More Open-Source AMD / Intel Graphics Driver Fixes

For those that wait until the first point release of a new quarterly Mesa 3D driver stack feature release before upgrading, now is the time to move to the Mesa 21.1.1 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

boomer no radeonsi fixes, I'll wait then... I'm having crashes over the desktop compositor, hard freezes with no log only a SIGSEV over kwin. I've been searching gitlab bug reports and there are few that look like my bug, but I'm not sure I'm still investigating this. This is on navi 5600xt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayote View Post
      boomer no radeonsi fixes, I'll wait then... I'm having crashes over the desktop compositor, hard freezes with no log only a SIGSEV over kwin. I've been searching gitlab bug reports and there are few that look like my bug, but I'm not sure I'm still investigating this. This is on navi 5600xt.
      Even if that is somehow a duplicate issue, you should report that. They will guide you there.

There was a 5600XT specific issue fixed lately but not sure if that covers your issue as well.

Comment

Sadly still no fix for no full RGB over HDMI leading to washed out dull colors for those with amdgpu unless edid hack is done.

Comment

Hmmm, Did you try a desktop that is not KDE? It may not be your GPU, just KDE being KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxforall View Post
            Sadly still no fix for no full RGB over HDMI leading to washed out dull colors for those with amdgpu unless edid hack is done.
            My Dell S2418H HDMI monitor is actually showing YPbPr instead of RGB. Did you manually change the format to RGB?

Btw, I don't know if this is related, but when I was testing games on Mesa drivers and comparing them to AMDVLK, it seemed to me that colors looked a bit better on AMDVLK.
            My desktop colors look fine.

Comment

The same for me under NVidia with nouveau_dri driver
              21.1.0 and 21.1.1 are crashing and only 21.0.3 is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

My Dell S2418H HDMI monitor is actually showing YPbPr instead of RGB. Did you manually change the format to RGB?

Btw, I don't know if this is related, but when I was testing games on Mesa drivers and comparing them to AMDVLK, it seemed to me that colors looked a bit better on AMDVLK.
                My desktop colors look fine.
                Yes had to hack the edid with wxedid and append the modified edid to boot.

Comment

are they removing the classic drivers yet? https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...a-Classic-Main

Comment

Working...
                  X