Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LunarG Is Hiring Another Graphics Driver Engineer

Phoronix: LunarG Is Hiring Another Graphics Driver Engineer

LunarG, the consulting firm known for their contributions around Vulkan and also having been involved with Mesa development over the years and experimenting with Gallium3D features and other interesting efforts like the past LunarGLASS, is looking to hire another experienced graphics driver development engineer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They also need to hire an editor. Pay attention to the bullet points.

You enjoy working in a fun, collaborative team environment
    No. No I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      They also need to hire an editor. Pay attention to the bullet points.
      No. No I do not.
      I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

I don't get it.
        Read their application and pay close attention to the bullet points. There are two formatting errors.

And the other is one of their requirements. I don't particularly enjoy fun environments or teamwork.

Comment

Then don't apply and move on.

Comment

It's getting harder to know if it's the glyphosate or the flouride.

Comment

Originally posted by libcg_ View Post
              Then don't apply and move on.
              I wouldn't. The only thing they have that applies to me is "are essential).". That makes about as much sense as half the shit I post.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder how people are expected to gain experience, if nobody is every employed without having it already. Hen/Egg-Problem.
                And yes, a lot of job descriptions - throughout the sectors - sound more or less horrible, unattractive. And full of dumb phrases.
                "you're working in a dynamic environment" - what does that mean? Hire and fire enterprise? Full stress full time ahead?
                HR people often have no clue, once they wanted like 5 years experience in swift that was just 3 years old. So nobody in the world could have that experience, unless maybe you worked at Apple and were developing swift.
                But then "fun environment"... it doesn't sound that scary. Though one never knows, what HR people understand under the term "fun".
                Well, and teamwork - as misanthropic, introverted, life-experienced one may be - it is part of many job. You work often is a base for others, or you get something to build upon from others. I highly depends on the very team if this is good or not.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Sometimes I wonder how people are expected to gain experience, if nobody is every employed without having it already. Hen/Egg-Problem.
                  Often the requirements will be more flexible than what they wrote in the description, maybe as they don't get enough fitting the recommended they go with the minimum specs instead?

Comment

Working...
                  X