VirtIO-GPU Vulkan Driver Looks To Go Upstream In Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

virgl + spice locally works when specifying socket. but thats it I believe sadly​​​​​
    On socket, yes. But you can't use sockets remotely...
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

On socket, yes. But you can't use sockets remotely...
      Which is why I said sadly, I know at some point, it was planned, though if you really need to I believe at one point, I had a multi monitor setup working, I cannot remember the details as it was at the level of tinkering, But I believe I had used a Virtio gpu and a qxl GPU. probably wound up using VNC but I can't remember... but what I do remeber is that it was both not elegant, and buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Which is why I said sadly, I know at some point, it was planned, though if you really need to I believe at one point, I had a multi monitor setup working, I cannot remember the details as it was at the level of tinkering, But I believe I had used a Virtio gpu and a qxl GPU. probably wound up using VNC but I can't remember... but what I do remeber is that it was both not elegant, and buggy.
        vnc works, but it's way less convenient than spice. I'll never understand why they undergo such huge achievements like virgl and then nobody cares to do the remaining 0.1% work to make it actually useful
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

some related patches have been merged for qemu support

QEMU main repository: Please see https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/devel/submitting-a-patch.html for how to submit changes to QEMU. Pull Requests are ignored. Please only use release tarballs from...

Comment

Working...
          X