Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 21.0 Released With Numerous RADV Improvements, New Vulkan Extensions, Many Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.0 Released With Numerous RADV Improvements, New Vulkan Extensions, Many Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 21.0 Released With Numerous RADV Improvements, New Vulkan Extensions, Many Fixes

Following several weeks of delays, Mesa 21.0 was officially released today as the newest quarterly feature update for this collection of predominantly open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers for Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now I just need a NAVI card.

Comment

Fingers crossed for it to make it into Ubuntu 21.04.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Fingers crossed for it to make it into Ubuntu 21.04.
        I hope that too, especially with Canonical idiocy to release by date instead of when it's ready, which would allow small delays to include the most important kernel or Mesa updates.

Comment

Wonder how long this will take to appear in Manjaro mainline, they have been running the dev/git branch in the mainline for quite a while but I don't like to use it since it causes allot of packages to change to the -git version and there are compatibility issues with some stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

I hope that too, especially with Canonical idiocy to release by date instead of when it's ready, which would allow small delays to include the most important kernel or Mesa updates.
            which is exactly what we a #t2sde are doing ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBfIuCioqw

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              Wonder how long this will take to appear in Manjaro mainline, they have been running the dev/git branch in the mainline for quite a while but I don't like to use it since it causes allot of packages to change to the -git version and there are compatibility issues with some stuff...
              well, in #t2sde / trunk it is updated now: https://t2sde.org/packages/mesa

Comment

Ive just installed the update on Arch, so Manjaro/Garuda should have it soon. 1-3 week in my experience (whats based on about a year agos experiences.).

Comment

I use Arch BTW

Comment

Good to know. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X