Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zink Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 Over Vulkan With Mesa 21.1

Phoronix: Zink Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 Over Vulkan With Mesa 21.1

It was just yesterday we were talking about Zink achieving OpenGL 4.3 support and wondering if OpenGL 4.4 or potentially even 4.5 could be buttoned up in time for Mesa 21.1... Well, as of a few minutes ago Zink now is advertising OpenGL 4.5 support for this graphics API layer built atop Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's also very close to having OpenGL ES 3.1 nailed

Comment

That's quite impressive.

Comment

Seems like a good idea to get it fully caught up with compatibility/compliancy, then go straight for performance optimizations.

Comment

Does anyone know of the raspberry Pi's implementation of vulkan can run zink? because thats a legitimate use case right there that would be cool to test if I had one.

Comment

Wow, that was fast!

Comment

Yeay, so close to be able to do a big system drivers cleanup thank to this.

Comment

According to mesamatrix, virgl is also close to supporting 4.5. Only one feature missing. I don't know what OpenGL version applications are typically using, but it seems that these drivers can run almost any software now. For example, when looking at the requirements page on some games, they're still listing OpenGL 3.x.

Comment

He probably says all day: " I Zink i can, I Zink I can..."

Comment

They're making fun of R600. Butchering it. Valve does it in a few days. AMD takes more than a decade.

Maybe AMD should hire Valve for making AMD drivers in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X