Mesa 21.0 Has Many New Features Especially For Radeon Open-Source Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.0 Has Many New Features Especially For Radeon Open-Source Graphics

Phoronix: Mesa 21.0 Has Many New Features Especially For Radeon Open-Source Graphics

With Mesa 21.0 releasing soon here is a look at the new features for this quarter's release of these open-source Vulkan / OpenGL driver implementations.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to AV1 decode. I do have a question though with resizable bar. Outside soon to be radv, does anything else take advantage of it? I have it working on my 10850k with my 6900 xt, but don't know if its actually being used by anything.

Comment

AMD: no Fragment Shader Interlock support and not half as good as Nvidia driver
      INTEL : drop 7gen support from gallium
      nouveau: no normal speed with basic support for GL/VK

this is normal mesa for me there nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
        [...]
        INTEL : drop 7gen support from gallium[...]
        Where was that mentioned? That absolutely sucks if true as isn't 7th gen iGPU fundamentally everything from 6000 - 9000 core series?

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMyth View Post

Where was that mentioned? That absolutely sucks if true as isn't 7th gen iGPU fundamentally everything from 6000 - 9000 core series?
          7th gen is Ivy Bridge and Haswell or 3000 and 4000 CPUs. Although Haswell is sometimes called 7.5 Gen so It may not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post

7th gen is Ivy Bridge and Haswell or 3000 and 4000 CPUs. Although Haswell is sometimes called 7.5 Gen so It may not apply.
            Ah yes. Thanks Mthw! My quick Google on Intel iGPU gen 7 turned up results for Kabylake and Skylake so I figured it was what came with them but I literally just got off reading the Wikipedia article and realised Gen 8 is the core 5000 series and Gen 9 6000 - 9000 series. Microelectronic companies and their bloody terrible branding and code names! I do feel for those not getting the latest driver work on Haswell GPUs as many of those laptops are still very good today but i965 is still a very good driver as well and so long as bug fixes are kept up those systems should still do well for the next couple of years.

Comment

we need laptops with upgradeable GPU

Comment

Working...
              X