Mesa 21.0 RadeonSI Will Run Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.0 RadeonSI Will Run Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Faster

Phoronix: Mesa 21.0 RadeonSI Will Run Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Faster

Mesa 21.0 is bringing some overdue improvements for the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver with the game Counter-Strike: Global Offensive...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, but I stopped playing this game when I realized aiming is some kind of random.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
      Great, but I stopped playing this game when I realized aiming is some kind of random.
      Actually it is not, but it requires a lot of practice.

Comment

Volta isn't random, if you stand, the first shot will be right on the spot, and the rest of the pattern is known, so it's important that maintain the speed at 0 before the shot. Another detail is to respect the precision range of the weapon.

The lack of randomness is the reason of competitive works so well, with trained "pixels" to throw granades and campering.

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post
          Volta isn't random, if you stand, the first shot will be right on the spot, and the rest of the pattern is known, so it's important that maintain the speed at 0 before the shot. Another detail is to respect the precision range of the weapon.

The lack of randomness is the reason of competitive works so well, with trained "pixels" to throw granades and campering.
          The pattern is always the same?

Comment

Volta yes, for example the AK, when you spray, you need to push the aim down, to right and then to left, so all the shots will be fired on the spot that you aimed first. look for some video about spray control on YouTube

Comment

Been a while since I played Counter Strike, but I think "similar" is a more appropriate term. Each weapon has it's own pattern that you have to learn, but there is still a bit of randomness to it, some weapons more than others. If you're standing still though, and using one of the main weapons such as the AK, the first shot is almost pixel perfect. As already mentioned, it is a skill based game that takes quite a bit of practice to become good at.

Here's a guide with illustrations showing the spray patterns:
              https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=972293427

Comment

Nice !
                I started playing last month, initially "just to cross it off my list" but I found it more playable and more entertaining than I expected. And now it looks like I'm gonna get a nice performance bonus !

Comment

This change was small, but it's based on a lot of older work. The impact seems really big in performance well done to those involved.

Yes, but each gun is unique and reacts differently based on movement and position. For example running and shooting with SMG or shotgun works better than with rifles. Spraying with riles are not as good as tapping shots. Spraying with other weapon types works better.

There are many Youtube channels that covers this topic for example 3kliksphilip, also there are many community maps that helps you practice your aim.

I play CS:GO competitively on public matchmaking since ESEA does not support KVM gamers. I need to use KVM to get 144hz freesync to work (for now).

There's still many hackers, but I've seen a steady decline over the past 2 years. ScriptKid is really awesome I've laughed at his recent videos...

Comment

fagnerln Brisse Jabberwocky

Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Working...
                    X