X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    As long as the HW remains accessible and functional they can kick whatever they want. But before wildly kicking out stuff and cleaning codebases, there should be drivers in place to take over.
    Honestly, at this point they should just fork mesa into 2 releases, Legacy and Master and from Master they should remove the whole DRI, XA, mesa IR, drivers, etc etc. and keep the legacy release only for fixes for those with ancient hardware

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Wonder what my 12 year old media server (a Phenom II I think) is using.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    As long as the HW remains accessible and functional they can kick whatever they want. But before wildly kicking out stuff and cleaning codebases, there should be drivers in place to take over.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Okay, but since we have DRI3, when can DRI2 be dropped?
    Also is there any plans for any successor to DRI3? Maybe a DRI4?

Leave a comment:

• grigi
    replied
    I wonder if these kinds of things will become easier if Mesa had LTS releases?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Mesa To Drop Support For Ancient Drivers

Mesa To Drop Support For Ancient Drivers

Phoronix: Mesa To Drop Support For Ancient Drivers

The fallout should be minimal and hopefully not impact any Phoronix readers, but as Mesa rolls into 2021 it is looking to drop support for loading DRI1 graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X