Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXGI Winsys Comes To Mesa For Better Performance Atop Direct3D 12

Phoronix: DXGI Winsys Comes To Mesa For Better Performance Atop Direct3D 12

More improvements are coming to Mesa 21.0 following last week's merging of the Direct3D 12 Gallium3D driver that is being used by Microsoft for supporting OpenGL/OpenCL-on-Direct3D 12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lets hope that we will see some benefit for vmware (Windows as host and linux as Guest)

Comment

Kill it with fire, please. Collabora, mercenaries.

Dx 1 to 12+ to Vulkan for QEMU, please.

Comment

I'll never buy any DX12-only game so I couldn't care less about it.
        DX9-11, yes please!

Comment

Is this for WSL, Mesa as Windows driver, or another graphics interface besides DRM?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Is this for WSL, Mesa as Windows driver, or another graphics interface besides DRM?
            This appears to be OpenGL/OpenCL to DirectX 12 translator to be used by Windows 10 ARM devices, that don't have native OpenGL drivers, only DirectX 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

This appears to be OpenGL/OpenCL to DirectX 12 translator to be used by Windows 10 ARM devices, that don't have native OpenGL drivers, only DirectX 12.
              Are they using MESA?

I tought this is for WSL.

Comment

I believe this is for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
                So if you run the latest mesa with it, your native Linux apps should be able to use OpenGL/CL and mesa would run it on top of DX12.

MS is really investing in WSL, I think in the long run they're hoping that enterprises would switch to Windows and run their Linux applications on top of that?

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                  MS is really investing in WSL, I think in the long run they're hoping that enterprises would switch to Windows and run their Linux applications on top of that?
                  Gartner's been selling that fantasy for at least four years now. I left my last job around the time they pitched moving our Linux workload to Linux on top of Windows to "save money."

Comment

Linux community should not accept this until Microsoft provides a FOSS DirectX 12, so we have first party FOSS support for DX12 on Vulkan/OpenGL.

That is only fair.

Comment

Working...
                    X