Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More OpenCL 3.0 Bits Merged For Mesa 20.1

Phoronix: More OpenCL 3.0 Bits Merged For Mesa 20.1

It's still short of the full OpenCL 3.0 implementation, but more of the CL 3.0 enablement patches for Gallium3D's "Clover" OpenCL state tracker have now been merged into Mesa 20.1-devel..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Image support please <3
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Image support please <3
      Image support is coming but it won't be for the current radeonsi/r600 LLVM backends, so when you see it merged don't get excited if you want to use it with radeonsi.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Image support is coming but it won't be for the current radeonsi/r600 LLVM backends, so when you see it merged don't get excited if you want to use it with radeonsi.
        Well, Image support is already merged, what's missing is CL 1.2 stuff, but that's hardly used (1D and array images)

Comment

Very cool. I have a BOINC rig with some r600 GPUs in it and it'd be great if I could ditch fglrx and Debian Jessie.

Comment

Which backend will it be for?

Comment

I find it interesting how I still can't run hashcat with mesa's OpenCL.

Speaking of which, that's a great benchmark utility.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Which backend will it be for?
                NIR based backends (nouveau, llvmpipe, radeonsi eventually).

Comment

I really hope radeonsi will get image support. Currently OpenCL on AMD outside of a handful of chips compatible with ROCm is just hell (see those comments and mine following them).

Also, this wiki table is wrong regarding OpenCL support: https://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/

ROCm is only working for a handful of GCN3+ flagships (vega, radeon VII) and you may need to align the proper hardware (the features of the motherboard/CPU seems to have an impact in making ROCm running on the same GPU or not).

So, please, we need radeonsi opencl with image support. Some people still believes in 2020 that the only solution is fglrx on 2015 distro. Of course it's not, but getting opencl working with image support is like competing for the doom nightmare world record.

Comment

NIR based backends (nouveau, llvmpipe, radeonsi eventually).
                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X