Mesa Moves Closer To Having OpenCL 3.0 Support In Clover Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Moves Closer To Having OpenCL 3.0 Support In Clover Gallium3D

Phoronix: Mesa Moves Closer To Having OpenCL 3.0 Support In Clover Gallium3D

It's not across the finish line at least yet but Mesa 20.3 just merged today the initial prep changes needed for exposing OpenCL 3.0 support within the Clover Gallium3D state tracker...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please please merge image support before feature freezing it
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Does the clover state tracker actually work for any gpu drivers except nouveau?
      ​​​​​​​would be quite interesting to have an easily installable opencl driver for amd gpus

Comment

Most of the time that I've spent working on clover has been on either an old GCN 1.0 (Pitcairn) card, and now my RX580. Those cards should be in reasonable shape. The new image support and NIR work that RedHat has been working on has been targetting nouveau, but if you don't need image support, then the GCN generations of AMD cards should be functional.

That being said, I still haven't gotten things quite right on my Renoir laptop, so the newer Vega APUs are probably not in a good state yet.

Edit: Not to say that image support doesn't exist at all for AMD cards, it's just not in as good of shape. Image support was first introduced for R600 cards way back in LLVM 3.9, but it's been unmaintained. I've started working on enabling for AMD's newer cards, but it's still WIP and definitely hidden behind environment variables. Just don't have enough spare time for clover right now, and this whole WFH thing really messes with the work/hobby/life balance. Sadly, the hobbies have been suffering.
        Last edited by Veerappan; 09 November 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X