Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau + LLVMpipe Drivers Enable OpenCL Image Support

Phoronix: Nouveau + LLVMpipe Drivers Enable OpenCL Image Support

The interesting work continues pouring in for Mesa 20.3 as the Q4'2020 feature release to this open-source graphics stack... The latest excitement is on the "Clover" front for Gallium3D OpenCL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would love to have image support for Radeon, RoCM is a pain to install
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Would love to have image support for Radeon, RoCM is a pain to install
      I'm hoping Clover could be the Radv of OpenCL - RoCM just doesn't work with *most* AMD cards and most likely never will

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

I'm hoping Clover could be the Radv of OpenCL - RoCM just doesn't work with *most* AMD cards and most likely never will
        Everyone does, but I hoped this for too long to still believe it. Would love to be proven wrong though.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

did they found a solution for the slow gpu for them to insist on nvidia?

Comment

AMD should've named their thing SUCm or SCUm: when it comes to computing AMD always throws inconsistent tantrums and crazy marketing bullshit - that fails to be a viable solution all the time. Because it pain to use, doesn't supports all AMD GPUs, and just overall weird. How screwed company management could be? Is it so damn hard for AMD to dedicate few devs to work on clover so Linux users can enjoy decent computing experience at least in opencl apps out of the box?
            Last edited by SystemCrasher; 21 October 2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              Would love to have image support for Radeon, ROCM is a pain to install
              And you don't talk about Orca (amdgpu-pro legacy OpenCL) for hardware not supported by ROCm. At least for ROCm they provide some repository so if you have the right distro ROCm may become easy to install… For Orca, you have to download the whole amdpgu-pro tarball by hand, and run some scripts with the right option you have to find out… and redo this everytime by hand for any update… what a mess!

Comment

Working...
              X