Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zink In Mesa 20.3 Now Hits OpenGL 3.3, Can Run Blender With This OpenGL-on-Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zink In Mesa 20.3 Now Hits OpenGL 3.3, Can Run Blender With This OpenGL-on-Vulkan

Phoronix: Zink In Mesa 20.3 Now Hits OpenGL 3.3, Can Run Blender With This OpenGL-on-Vulkan

For weeks there have been patches getting the Zink OpenGL-on-Vulkan implementation to OpenGL 4.6 while mainline Mesa has been at OpenGL 3.0 support. Thankfully the out-of-tree patch delta is being reduced and this week in Mesa 20.3-devel the code has been upstreamed getting the support level to OpenGL 3.3...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-3.3-Mesa-20.3

looking forward to this landing. more options is always a good thing!

Comment

Besides Zink progressing nicely;
      • llvmpipe and nvc0 are 2 extensions away from moving from OpenGL 4.5 to 4.6 support.
      • Freedeno (Qualcomm Adreno) is 1 extension away from moving from OpenGL 3.1 to 3.3 support.
      • Panfrost (ARM Mali) is 1 extension away from OpenGL 3.1 support, then another extension away from 3.2 support, then another extension away from 3.3 support.
      • virgl is one extension away from moving from OpenGL 4.3 to 4.5 support.

Comment

I can confirm that Heaven runs nicely with mesa-git, although there is no tessellation yet and switching to fullscreen leaves parts of the screen black. Heaven consumes just about 30% of a CPU core (with or without zink) so it might heavily depend on GPU-side optimizations rather than on CPU-side optimizations (but that is just a guess).

Comment

If only if someone could test v3dv with this as I am not able to compile on my Pi due to inexperience

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynut View Post
            If only if someone could test v3dv with this as I am not able to compile on my Pi due to inexperience
            blender-2.9x running on raspberry pi would not be a bad thing at all .. i think we are close ..

Comment

Working...
            X