No announcement yet.

Mesa 20.3 Can Now Consume SPIR-V Binaries Generated By LLVM's libclc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, being that Windows 10 is literally built on a platform of spyware and malware, I will never trust anything Microsoft says or does. I mean really, Windows 10 is the first "legal" botnet.

However since I trust the Linux community to verify their code is not dangerous I guess this is a good thing, though as others have pointed out MS is doing this for their own nefarious gain, hoping to eliminate private OS ownership and force everyone to pay for subscriptions ad infinitum.

But hey, Linux users aren't going to fall for that nonsense, though unfortunately I'm sure most Windows users will.

So all in all it does appear to be a win for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post

In God's name...( or pick your brand of deity or no deity at all ) would you ever say that, when there is a perfectly good Chromium based browser built for anti-tracking and STILL gives you the ability to install privacy extensions in the form of the Brave browser ?? Even good ol Chromium sans all the Google trappings of Chrome would be better than Internet ExploderChromium.
      Isn't Brave the browser that removes default ads and puts its own instead?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

It used to do that geearf , and until today I'd rated the Android version as 1 star. But in desperation I tried it again today and it now defaults to add and tracker blocking, and if you refuse the "offer" of "Brave Rewards" it no longer nags you about it. However it does leave a "Brave Rewards" button at the top that needlessly takes up space.

There's still no way to set a custom startup page, though you can set a custom home page that's accessible by a button on the task bar. And bookmarks require a couple clicks to get to, but at least it's a regular bookmark list that can be organized.

So all in all, with the self immolation of Firefox via the Daylight update, I've found it to be the best Android browser available right now. So I gave it 3 stars and set it as my default browser.

But if they ever implement a custom startup page, a drop down bookmark list that appears when you click in the URL bar, and get rid of the "Brave Rewards" button I'll happily give it 5 stars and finally have an Android browser I'm happy with again.

I did feel bad when I fully uninstalled Firefox for the first time ever though. But "Daylight" is such an epic disaster that I had no other choice.

Comment

That's quite ridiculous, and I couldn't care less if a Microsoft browser "calls home" to Microsoft. What other option do you have? Brave calls home to Brave. Who cares? How else do you do sync and other interconnected stuff? It's rather amusing when people think it's enough justification against anything that "it's made by Microsoft fufufu". Aside from a couple overzealous haters stuck in the Windows XP era, no one cares, really.

Comment

They do but you can block them as well. Plus they got into some hot water a while ago for redirecting to URLs dealing with cryptosites. Brave gets support from Binance but as I said you can toggle that off in settings.

My goto browser is always going to be Firefox as they are the last independent browser standing. But more and more I find certain features on websites that either don't work or work reliably each time I go to them unless I am using a Chromium based browser. That's why I have Brave on standby as my Chromium alternative.

Plus it's WAY more convenient to make a PDF copy of a website on a Chromium based browser than Firefox. Just hit print, chose save to PDF and hit save. Chromium based browsers will name the PDF automatically from the title of the article in the URL. Firefox, on the other hand, forces you to manually rename each new web site you are trying to make a PDF because it does not flush out the previous title of the previous page you made a PDF of. You have to highlight the previous title from the last PDF with what you want to call the new PDF before saving it. Real pain in the ass. If i know I will be doing a lot of saving off of web pages as PDF I'll fire up Brave. Other than that, I don't go on the Web without Firefox. That goes DOUBLE on Android as Google will not let you download ANY privacy extensions to Chrome on Android but Firefox for Android will.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
              That's quite ridiculous, and I couldn't care less if a Microsoft browser "calls home" to Microsoft. What other option do you have? Brave calls home to Brave. Who cares? How else do you do sync and other interconnected stuff? It's rather amusing when people think it's enough justification against anything that "it's made by Microsoft fufufu". Aside from a couple overzealous haters stuck in the Windows XP era, no one cares, really.
              You really don't get out much do you.

You must be below the age of 40. Everyone i know who is 40 or less doesn't give a shit about privacy. I guess your parents also have an unmetered all you can eat 1 Gig internet service to let you play CoD or Fortnite all night long. Must be nice to live with such excess and carelessness.

As far as "sync and interconnect stuff"....wow...is that all you care about? Does your life fall apart when its not "syncing or interconnecting with stuff"? I sync and interconnect just fine. It's called....relationships. But to answer your question junior, Firefox syncs across all my devices both Windows, Android, Mac and Linux. My Evolution PIM on Linux does a bang up job with my other mail clients as well as my non-Google PIMs on Android and Windows not to mention Mac.

There is actually a world out there beyond the CIA angel investor funded corporation known as Google. BTW...ever heard of DuckDuckGo for search?
              Last edited by Jumbotron; 26 September 2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post

It used to do that geearf , and until today I'd rated the Android version as 1 star. But in desperation I tried it again today and it now defaults to add and tracker blocking, and if you refuse the "offer" of "Brave Rewards" it no longer nags you about it. However it does leave a "Brave Rewards" button at the top that needlessly takes up space.

There's still no way to set a custom startup page, though you can set a custom home page that's accessible by a button on the task bar. And bookmarks require a couple clicks to get to, but at least it's a regular bookmark list that can be organized.

So all in all, with the self immolation of Firefox via the Daylight update, I've found it to be the best Android browser available right now. So I gave it 3 stars and set it as my default browser.

But if they ever implement a custom startup page, a drop down bookmark list that appears when you click in the URL bar, and get rid of the "Brave Rewards" button I'll happily give it 5 stars and finally have an Android browser I'm happy with again.

I did feel bad when I fully uninstalled Firefox for the first time ever though. But "Daylight" is such an epic disaster that I had no other choice.
                I've heard that too about the new version of Firefox. Which is why I haven't updated ANY of my boxes ( Windows, Linux) or phones with it.

I try keeping up with news and forums about it to see if they have fixed it yet. But I agree with what you said about Brave. I tried Brave when it first came out and promptly tore it out of all my devices. At that time Brave would not allow you to install privacy and anti-tracking extensions. Complete and utter deal breaker for me. My extension stack on ALL my browser and devices is as follows.

uBlock Origin with EVERY option and blocker turned on.
                Privacy Badger
                HTTPS Everywhere
                Webmail Adblocker

I also include in that stack Facebook Fence to my extension stack in Firefox only because Chromium based browsers will not let you do that.

Fortunately, Brave now lets you do this just like Chrome has done for years. They have also added toggle switches so you don't get nagged for their in house ads or get redirected to crypto currency sites. You can also turn off their crypto partner Binance which gives financial support to the Brave team.

So yeah...when it comes to having to use a Chromium base browser, which unfortunately is becoming a non option anymore, I use Brave for my Chrome alternative. For everything else I use Firefox. Well.....the OLD non Daylight version of Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post

I don't know, any one that would go with such a shady practice, I don't know if I want to ever use their stuff... but I would like to use something else than Chrome on Android for sure. For a bit I switched to Firefox, I don't remember why anymore but that didn't last long and I switched back. It was nice to have extensions again though... It'd be nice to have achrome-like browser that supports extension on Android!

Comment

I don't know, any one that would go with such a shady practice, I don't know if I want to ever use their stuff... but I would like to use something else than Chrome on Android for sure. For a bit I switched to Firefox, I don't remember why anymore but that didn't last long and I switched back. It was nice to have extensions again though... It'd be nice to have achrome-like browser that supports extension on Android!
                    Oh yes geearf , using Brave doesn't leave me with a good feeling either, and I'm hoping I can abandon it as soon as possible. But as I said it's the best out of all the bad options I could find that's available now.

It's unclear to me why all Android browsers are so abysmal, and even more baffling as to why the one good existing browser, Firefox, decided to voluntarily sink into the abyss with all the others.

So for now I avoid browsing on my phone as much as possible, and just try to watch more TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc. when I'm away from my desktop and need some entertainment or diversion.

Comment

Working...
                    X