Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADRIConf Remains The Primary GUI Control Panel For Managing Mesa OpenGL/Vulkan Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _ONH_ View Post
    @Qaridarium
    Do you think such a company hears your call? I mean as a company, not the available representative which sure care about the linux users and their user experience, but the company gives them other priorities to tackle first. I don't think so.
    believe it or not but people like bridgman are used to to hear my call....

why not make a short time solution means put in "a graphical radeontop +ADRIConfig and CoreCtrl" with a AMD logo in the driver packet and in parallel work on a long time solution to ?

the people we are talking about would be happy to have "a graphical radeontop +ADRIConfig and CoreCtrl" compared to have nothing and the most people do no google research to find: "a graphical radeontop +ADRIConfig and CoreCtrl"

as you said they can work on a long term solution inside gnome and KDE to.

the point is really we can just do both your idea and my idea.

and AMD want to sell hardware and they do not want to tell customers if they want driver GUI go and Buy a Nvidia card.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Sure he hears it, but even if he wants he would hav to ask for the funding of the time involved.

If they decide to make a short time solution, they would also need to dedicate resources, which they mostelikely haven‘t approved funding for. Why? Because I expect them to be 1 kernel release behind with their hw support, the distributions ship with 5.8 and not 5.9 sure they may update the kernel. This has probably the same cause like the silly color + fish names. To not leak to much to early. Which is a joke since the competition seems to put patches for upstream up to a year in front of hw releases.

Whatever they do it takes time to get the funding, after that it is almost negligible if they take one or the other solution, whereas the long term solution takes some additional amount of time to upstream. The workload can’t be expected to be that much different. And yes the short term solution would need a considerable amount of time to assure the marketing/legal department is satisfied with. Which wouldn‘t let it be a short time solution. At least that is my experience, if one would have wished to put something TM protected on something.

Comment

Working...
      X