Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TURNIP Vulkan Driver Up And Running On Qualcomm's KGSL

Phoronix: TURNIP Vulkan Driver Up And Running On Qualcomm's KGSL

The TURNIP driver that is associated with the Freedreno driver effort for providing an open-source Vulkan driver for Qualcomm Adreno graphics hardware can now run atop Qualcomm's KGSL kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, so it would be possible to get GPU acceleration without turning to libhybris on GNU/Linux. Not that I'm happy running downstream kernels, but porting all the drivers for a device to mainline takes a lot of time and effort. Having more options is always better. Hope it won't hurt freedreno kernel part development.

Comment

Originally posted by klokik View Post
      Nice, so it would be possible to get GPU acceleration without turning to libhybris on GNU/Linux. Not that I'm happy running downstream kernels, but porting all the drivers for a device to mainline takes a lot of time and effort. Having more options is always better. Hope it won't hurt freedreno kernel part development.
      I mean, ostensibly Mesa/Freedreno could be adapted to the same kernel driver interface, if the code isn't just so much crappier than Freedreno to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by klokik View Post
        and you can then get some opengl via zink

nice and janky! :P

Comment

Working...
        X